FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Work of Human Hands, Part III
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
See this thread for info about the book on which this series is based, and also for Parts I and II of this series...

Part III of Father Ceckada's Video Series
The Creation of the New Mass: 1948-1969

This is part III not part IV!
My bad.. Fixed the title of the video... Thanks Smile
Part IV

My computer won't upload this right now. Can someone(s) give me his two main arguments against the Novus Ordo's validity? (And not the "for all" vs "for many" thing, which I refuted in subforum Sacred Scripture & Church Documents in the tread on the CCC. I'll copy and paste is someone any ones still is confused over this). From what I've read, the only doctrinal ommision from the Novus Ordo is making clear that the sacrifice "at your hands" is the exact same as that on Calvary, although it is certainly implied.

His harmping on the "work of human hands" is annoying. Bread and wine are the work of human hands. It's a nice prayer. This priest thinks his preferences are dogma's which is why he seems like a modernist to me. Dogma is not the same as religious sentiment.
(11-18-2011, 04:40 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]My computer won't upload this right now. Can someone(s) give me his two main arguments against the Novus Ordo's validity? (And not the "for all" vs "for many" thing, which I refuted in subforum Sacred Scripture & Church Documents in the tread on the CCC. I'll copy and paste is someone any ones still is confused over this). From what I've read, the only doctrinal ommision from the Novus Ordo is making clear that the sacrifice "at your hands" is the exact same as that on Calvary, although it is certainly implied.

His harmping on the "work of human hands" is annoying. Bread and wine are the work of human hands. It's a nice prayer. This priest thinks his preferences are dogma's which is why he seems like a modernist to me. Dogma is not the same as religious sentiment.

You can read Msgr. Andrew Wadsworth's review of the book here (he is the director of ICEL, responsible for the new translation of the Novus Ordo). 

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ma...2/art00004
(11-18-2011, 04:40 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've read, the only doctrinal ommision from the Novus Ordo is making clear that the sacrifice "at your hands" is the exact same as that on Calvary, although it is certainly implied.

Assuming for the moment that you're not just a troll, you really are radically uninformed. Get to work on this list:

http://www.amazon.com/lm/RLBF9EMPDIK1H/r...lm_title_1

Begin with this:

http://www.sspx.org/sspx_faqs/brief_crit...ention.pdf

Jackson K. Eskew: instead of just dumping a library on me, why don't you discuss some of these matters like a gentlemen (assuming you have the ability to admit if you are wrong)?
Jackson K. Eskew : have you read Rome's initial response to Cardinal Ottaviani’s letter? Have you read what he said subsequently? I will read that SSPX article today and get back to you (because I am honest like that) but won't demand you read James Likoudis and Kenneth D. Whitehead's The Pope, the Council, and the Mass before we discuss this further. Until next time, Greg
(11-18-2011, 06:06 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]Jackson K. Eskew: instead of just dumping a library on me, why don't you discuss some of these matters like a gentlemen (assuming you have the ability to admit if you are wrong)?

Because even if you're not a troll, your triumphant ignorance at the moment would make it a waste of my time.
Pages: 1 2 3