FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Novus Ordo Mass Set For Extinction ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I found an interesting post on the Catholic Knight blog.
http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2011/...ction.html

The highlight of the post:

"The idea here is that a time will come, someday in the not-too-distant future (perhaps in another 8 to 16 years)
when the separation of the two forms will no longer be necessary. A new missal will be released, which will essentially
be Tridentine in nature, but with an expanded lectionary, tightening the rubrics for the Liturgy of the Eucharist in comparison
to today's Novus Ordo, and loosening the rubrics for the Liturgy of the Word in comparison to today's Tridentine mass.
Thus the Liturgy of the Eucharist would be set in stone, thoroughly Tridentine in nature, while the Liturgy of the Word would
have some flexibility. Priests who want to make their celebration as traditional as possible will be able to do so easily, and
exclusively in Latin if they prefer. While priests who want to make their celebration a bit more contemporary will also do so
easily, likely using the vernacular translations. The Liturgy of the Eucharist would remain constant for all priests, regardless
of their persuasion, and the canon of the mass (the consecration itself) will likely be said exclusively in Latin, regardless of
the vernacular translation being used for the rest of the liturgy. This is what the 'Knight' has heard will be the framework of
a future Missal for the Roman Rite."

On another comment page,
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=...Popup=true

if you look at the 10th comment, Catholic Knight mentions Bishop Fellay has direct knowledge of the proposed Ordinary
Form/Extraordinary Form hybrid Mass.

Will this really happen?  Or is it more likely either the 1965 Missal or the Anglican Use Liturgy will simply replace the Novus Ordo as
the Ordinary Form, while the Tridentine Mass will remain the Extraordinary Form?
Better not happen.  It still has elements of the NO, and still has too much variability.  A universal church should have a universal rite.
The NO will die of it's own deficiencies, a victim of terminal banality.  But I doubt it will happen in any of our lifetimes. 
Oh it will happen during our lifetime, but the great chastisement must come first, which we are entering into now.
(11-11-2011, 11:50 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it will happen during our lifetime, but the great chastisement must come first, which we are entering into now.

Yeah, thank you Chicken Little.  Such a bright ray of sunshine.

I hope you have your blessed grapes to prepare for the 3 days darkness.  And your beeswax candles.  I mean 100% beeswax, not those phony 51% beeswax.  Don't be insulting to God.  And remember, don't look out the window or the Booger Man will get you.
(11-11-2011, 11:54 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2011, 11:50 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it will happen during our lifetime, but the great chastisement must come first, which we are entering into now.

Yeah, thank you Chicken Little.  Such a bright ray of sunshine.

I hope you have your blessed grapes to prepare for the 3 days darkness.  And your beeswax candles.  I mean 100% beeswax, not those phony 51% beeswax.  Don't be insulting to God.  And remember, don't look out the window or the Booger Man will get you.

Don't forget the blessed cornflakes.
(11-11-2011, 11:44 PM)drummerboy Wrote: [ -> ]Better not happen.  It still has elements of the NO, and still has too much variability.  A universal church should have a universal rite.

Latin Rite ≠ Universal Church

The Universal Church has always had many different rites and uses of the same Mass.
I guess the dreams and prophecies of our saints and Our Lady mean nothing to you guys?

Go eat your own damn corn flakes and grapes. Read the signs of the times, if you think there isn't going to be collapse and a huge war you have your head seriously in the sand.

How did I insult God? Just saying I did doesn't make it so. Learn some manners while you're at it.
(11-12-2011, 12:06 AM)Atomagenesis Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the dreams and prophecies of our saints and Our Lady mean nothing to you guys?

Go eat your own damn corn flakes and grapes. Read the signs of the times, if you think there isn't going to be collapse and a huge war you have your head seriously in the sand.

Even if there is, how does that mean it's the great chastisement?

Every generation thinks they're the one when the shit's gonna really hit the fan.  But, but, this time it's different!
Have you read any eschatology or prophecy at all about our times? The one's we're living in... the 20th century and beyond? By popes, saints and Our Lady? It's so clear that God is fed up with the sin of mankind, the world is worse than it was in the time of Noah. To me it's clear as day, any traditional Catholic knows that this insanity can't last much longer. Things are going to get much, much worse before they get better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8