FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Kissing the Koran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I remember reading in a biography of Padre Pio about someone who wrote a book making accusations against cardinals of the Church. Padre Pio called him a "devil" for not trusting in holy mother the Church more. I have a biography of Benedict XV, in which it relates how Pius X was accused by integrists of beig to liberal once, and Cardinal Rampolla (Benedict's mentor) gave a speach in response in which he said "The Pope is untouchable". He is our Holy Father and we give him every benefit of the doubt. Pius X in Pascendi said he coudn't pass judgment on a modernists heart, but some traditionalists will say terrible things, such as that he is in hell and all.I am not criticizing anyone imparticular, but pointing out a dangerous spirit
St. Paul clearly says that we are not to SIN with them. Read 2 Kings 5:1-[18-19] -27 than tell me you haven't perhaps misjudged the Pope

I wish I had remembered to put that verse in my topic post. Oh well, its still the clincher in this discussion
Spare me
If a servant can help a king to his idols, and even genuflect before them without commiting sin, than surely the Pope can kiss a symbol, just as Muslims may kiss his ring without being Christian
And St. Paul states in Acts 17 that the pagan Greeks in some way prayed to God, so surely the Koran has some good since because of it Muslims pray so consistently to God.
(11-14-2011, 03:01 AM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]If a servant can help a king to his idols, and even genuflect before them without commiting sin, than surely the Pope can kiss a symbol, just as Muslims may kiss his ring without being Christian

We do not receive our moral instruction from the Muslims.
Nobody said we did. The Pope was showing respect for the Muslims who were present. Someone took a photo and boom! Gossip flies like, flies
(11-14-2011, 03:04 AM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]And St. Paul states in Acts 17 that the pagan Greeks in some way prayed to God, so surely the Koran has some good since because of it Muslims pray so consistently to God.

No, the pagans in Acts 17 were invincibly ignorant of God, but sincerely desired to learn of Him. Once St. Paul taught them, they readily accepted everything he told them about God and became Catholics.

The religion of Islam explicitly rejects the teachings of Christ. The religion of Islam is not ignorant of the Gospels.
(11-14-2011, 03:05 AM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody said we did. The Pope was showing respect for the Muslims who were present. Someone took a photo and boom! Gossip flies like, flies

What part of "touch not the unclean thing" in a context forbidding us to have any fellowship with non-believers don't you understand?

It is absolutely forbidden by Catholicism.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13