FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Kissing the Koran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I wanted to bring this topic up, because I love John Paul II and I think he was treated most unfairly by trationalists. When he kissed the Koran, he was merely showing respect for the Muslims present. I remember being on a forum once on which someone from the Middle East said that Christians and Muslims kiss each others holy books as a sign of respect for each other; that's all. It doen't matter if it could have been interpreted as approving of Islam. At  the Council of Trent, the Summa Theologica was placed side by side with the Bible. Protestants could say "look at this! The Summa Theologica is equal to the Bible!" Well, it depends what the Fathers at Trent meant to say that the Summa had great authority. Was John Paul II unwise in what he did? Well, he didn't do it in front of a lot of people. It was the traditionalist who gossiped the word all over the world. They simply didn't show the Pope the respect, honor, and love all Popes deserve from us:

St Gregory VII Dictatus Papae (Mar. 1075): "That the Roman Pontiff, if he has been canonically ordained undoubtedly is made a saint by the merits of St Peter."

The Pope is to be treated as a Holy Father, our Papa in faith. Let us not be like the sons of Noah, and concentrate on his faults, to gossip at his nakedness
(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope is to be treated as a Holy Father, our Papa in faith. Let us not be like the sons of Noah, and concentrate on his faults, to gossip at his nakedness.

Oh, you are so right.. I love this. Thank you!
Ask the soldiers who served in Iraq if they would kiss the Koran?
riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht
thus the point aquavelva
the "holy father" french kisses a book that denies CHRIST, denies the Holy TRINITY, denies the TRUE GOD
catholics have been murdered for refusing such a vile deed
oh right
its different when the pope does it
no shit
(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]St Gregory VII Dictatus Papae (Mar. 1075): "That the Roman Pontiff, if he has been canonically ordained undoubtedly is made a saint by the merits of St Peter."

That doesn't even make sense. Also, there's scholarly debate about whether Gregory himself was responsible for the creation of the Dictatus Papae.
Resurrexi, it has been treated as having authority however in Church history, right? And it does make sense, in the sense that the Pope stands in the place of Peter and should be respected as if he were Peter. Have you read Vatican I? If says that Peter is still with us
would u kiss a book that denied CHRIST deneid the HOLY TRINITY denied the true GOD!!
(11-13-2011, 11:39 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]Resurrexi, it has been treated as having authority however in Church history, right? And it does make sense, in the sense that the Pope stands in the place of Peter and should be respected as if he were Peter. Have you read Vatican I? If says that Peter is still with us

Do you really think St Peter would kiss the Koran?
(11-13-2011, 11:50 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2011, 11:39 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]Resurrexi, it has been treated as having authority however in Church history, right? And it does make sense, in the sense that the Pope stands in the place of Peter and should be respected as if he were Peter. Have you read Vatican I? If says that Peter is still with us

Do you really think St Peter would kiss the Koran?

Eh, he did deny our Lord once.. Maybe a better example?
(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to bring this topic up, because I love John Paul II and I think he was treated most unfairly by trationalists.

Why are you on a traditionalist forum if you love JPII?

(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]When he kissed the Koran, he was merely showing respect for the Muslims present. I remember being on a forum once on which someone from the Middle East said that Christians and Muslims kiss each others holy books as a sign of respect for each other; that's all. It doen't matter if it could have been interpreted as approving of Islam.

It doesn't matter? Really, actions don't matter? "By their fruits you will know them."

Also, no Catholic, especially a Pope, should show any signs of respect for people who worship false religions.

(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]At  the Council of Trent, the Summa Theologica was placed side by side with the Bible. Protestants could say "look at this! The Summa Theologica is equal to the Bible!" Well, it depends what the Fathers at Trent meant to say that the Summa had great authority.

This is a bad analogy if I ever saw one.

(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]Was John Paul II unwise in what he did? Well, he didn't do it in front of a lot of people.

What are you saying? That it's OK for a Catholic to kiss a Koran as long as it's not in front of too many people?

(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]It was the traditionalist who gossiped the word all over the world. They simply didn't show the Pope the respect, honor, and love all Popes deserve from us:

St Gregory VII Dictatus Papae (Mar. 1075): "That the Roman Pontiff, if he has been canonically ordained undoubtedly is made a saint by the merits of St Peter."

Please show cases in point of traditionalists "gossiping" about that event.

(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope is to be treated as a Holy Father, our Papa in faith. Let us not be like the sons of Noah, and concentrate on his faults, to gossip at his nakedness.

You just contradicted yourself.

First you say that John Paul II did did nothing wrong, now you say that we shouldn't concentrate on his faults. What faults?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13