FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop Lefebvre on John Paul II: "Friendly, Simple, and Kind"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: lefebvre.png]
Clearly, +Lefebvre was a crypto-Modernist trying to poison the Church from inside.  Elsewise, why would he support the innovation of the 1962 Missal of John XXIII?  Dunce
I just found this article interesting because I was left wondering what the Fish Eaters forum would have been saying about it if the forum had existed in 1979.  Although clearly a lot changed between the Archbishop and John Paul II after this interview.   
(11-16-2011, 07:50 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I just found this article interesting because I was left wondering what the Fish Eaters forum would have been saying about it if it had existed in 1979.  Although clearly a lot changed between the Archbishop and John Paul II after this interview.   

Clearly ABL has no interest in exposing lies and falsehoods.  With his own priestly society and hundreds of pulpits to spread the message, how could you be so compromising?
(11-16-2011, 07:50 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I just found this article interesting because I was left wondering what the Fish Eaters forum would have been saying about it if the forum had existed in 1979.  Although clearly a lot changed between the Archbishop and John Paul II after this interview.   

Certainly Assisi & such changed things, to the point where the radical step of the consecrations came about.
You're forgetting the historical context. Many trads, including Abp. Lefebvre, had deposited lots of hope on John Paul II when he was elected. They thought that after Paul VI, surely things would get better.

They were sorely mistaken.
"We would be quicker to accept the old mass in the vernacular than the new mass in Latin."

More ammunition for the "vernacular mass of the catechumens" thread.
(11-16-2011, 07:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]"We would be quicker to accept the old mass in the vernacular than the new mass in Latin."

Yep, I thought about posting this article there too, lol!

Although I think the Archbishop's point is not that Latin isn't important, but that the problem with the new mass is theological rather than just a desire for Latin. 
(11-16-2011, 07:50 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]I just found this article interesting because I was left wondering what the Fish Eaters forum would have been saying about it if the forum had existed in 1979.  Although clearly a lot changed between the Archbishop and John Paul II after this interview.   

Pope John Paul II probably was a friendly, simple, and kind man. He was also highly intelligent, loving, and charismatic. None of that means that he didn't oversee the Conciliar revolution and promote the error of ecumenism.

A good personality doesn't ensure good doctrine. I know plenty of friendly, simple, and kind Protestants.
(11-16-2011, 07:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]"We would be quicker to accept the old mass in the vernacular than the new mass in Latin."

I think a vernacular old Mass would wipe the floor with the NO over time, if it was allowed.
Pages: 1 2 3