FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What is Fish Factor +/- ? & Cornfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Huh?

What is the "Fish Factor +/-" with numbers that shows up by our name?  Does this have to do with the new "membership" options of monthly payments for certain privileges? 

I looked in "help" but could not find it.

Speaking of new policies, re: this Cornfield sub-forum - are decisions made to move "bad" threads there based upon the content of the thread topic itself, or the determination by moderator that some (not necessarily all) people's posts on the thread are "snarky" or in some other way less than desirable to be out in the light of the real forum?

Just trying to understand.  Sorry if these are dumb questions, I plead my new status as an excuse!  THANK YOU.  Smile
Fish factor is a rating system setup so Tim realizes how popular he is.
(11-19-2011, 01:00 PM)Old Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of new policies, re: this Cornfield sub-forum - are decisions made to move "bad" threads there based upon the content of the thread topic itself, or the determination by moderator that some (not necessarily all) people's posts on the thread are "snarky" or in some other way less than desirable to be out in the light of the real forum?

Quote: "The Cornfield." This is the place where bad threads will be sent to die -- or not. It will be the place to which will be sent:  the snarky nonsense, the whining, the fights between people who insist on sharing their love with the forum instead of taking it to PM or email, threads that other moderators on other forums might lock (but which, if they do, they'd hear whining about  -- and if they don't, only more whining from the other side).

Im guessing both threads that have a bad topic to start with will get sent there and threads that turn into something bad to....
Also a little curious about Fish Factor... clearly some kind of lighthearted rating system. But what does it actually mean? The two numbers, positive and negative? Just wondering!
I wonder how many of these threads we'll end up with.
(11-21-2011, 06:46 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many of these threads we'll end up with.

Gosh, I suppose if someone would post a definitive answer, then this might be the last one.  Maybe nobody knows the answer.
(11-19-2011, 01:09 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Fish factor is a rating system setup so Tim realizes how popular he is.

Someone, your +'s seem to be having a close race with your -'s  (112 to 111 as I write this).  Go +'s!
I think it's weird how you can go to bed with one score and wake up to something different entirely.
Elves.
Pages: 1 2 3