FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPV vs. CMRI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've asked this before, but never got a answer on it.....

Why do does the Society of Saint Pius V forbid their laypeople from attending a CMRI chapel, or Trad priests ordained by the Thuc Line Bishops??

As I understand it, the SSPV also forbids people from receiving our Lord at their Chapels if they attend a FSSP or ICK because some of those priests may be doubtfully ordained( post 1969 NO Ordinations ????), however I will never understand why they believe the Thuc Line priests may also be of doubtful lineage... Anyone know?????
Perhaps due to jealousy? The sede community is small. If you control your flock by fear then they won't venture out of the pasture. Can't have the pews empty.
(11-28-2011, 02:05 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]I've asked this before, but never got a answer on it.....

Why do does the Society of Saint Pius V forbid their laypeople from attending a CMRI chapel, or Trad priests ordained by the Thuc Line Bishops??

As I understand it, the SSPV also forbids people from receiving our Lord at their Chapels if they attend a FSSP or ICK because some of those priests may be doubtfully ordained( post 1969 NO Ordinations ????), however I will never understand why they believe the Thuc Line priests may also be of doubtful lineage... Anyone know?????

The SSPV do not think that Bishop Thuc was in his right mind when he consecrated bishops.  The CMRI priests were ordained by Thuc bishops.  Therefore, the SSPV says that since the CMRI priests' ordinations are doubtful, the SSPV laity is not to darken a CMRI chapel doorstep. 

As for the SSPV and the FSSP/ICK, I do not know.  You would have to find an SSPV chapel goer on here to assist you.  I only know about the CMRI.
From what I understand, it's all because of perceived doubtful ordinations and issues with allegiance to Rome. I believe they only tolerate the SSPX. In another life I considered going on retreat with them, and was put off by the very strict regulations concerning where one might obtain the sacraments. I absolutely understand that they want to preserve due reverence for the Eucharist and I believe that is an important and commendable desire, but at some point- we're all Catholics...  not various warring Protestant sects... at least, we shouldn't be! ???

Some absolutely wonderful people in the order, though (particularly the sisters!).

:pray2: for the reunification of the Church in the fullness of the truth!
Oh, ya, and Thuc is really interesting to read about. Start with wikipedia and read through his bio page and the pages of the orders he did ordinations for. At least from the information available, his ordinations seem... quite sketchy.
(11-28-2011, 02:32 PM)sarahraphael Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, it's all because of perceived doubtful ordinations and issues with allegiance to Rome. I believe they only tolerate the SSPX. In another life I considered going on retreat with them, and was put off by the very strict regulations concerning where one might obtain the sacraments. I absolutely understand that they want to preserve due reverence for the Eucharist and I believe that is an important and commendable desire, but at some point- we're all Catholics...  not various warring Protestant sects... at least, we shouldn't be! ???

Some absolutely wonderful people in the order, though (particularly the sisters!).

Right, I have heard they will allow those assisting at SSPX Chapels to receive at the SSPV, but that is about it, unless you attend Eastern Liturgies... That is all I know.
(11-28-2011, 02:36 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2011, 02:32 PM)sarahraphael Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, it's all because of perceived doubtful ordinations and issues with allegiance to Rome. I believe they only tolerate the SSPX. In another life I considered going on retreat with them, and was put off by the very strict regulations concerning where one might obtain the sacraments. I absolutely understand that they want to preserve due reverence for the Eucharist and I believe that is an important and commendable desire, but at some point- we're all Catholics...  not various warring Protestant sects... at least, we shouldn't be! ???

Right, I have heard they will allow those assisting at SSPX Chapels to receive at the SSPV, but that is about it, unless you attend Eastern Liturgies... That is all I know.

One of my main problems with sedevacantism (aside from doctrinally) is how split it makes the Church. Say, hypothetically, that they're right. How is the sedevacantist movement showing the mark of oneness, of unity, of the Church? Terrible fighting and disunity among them, even in doctrine. Not that the overall picture is much better, but it seems like as a movement, they're extremely divided amongst themselves.

My personal theory is that this is one of the ways Russia is "spreading her errors throughout the world." Russian Orthodox has a lot of Catholicism minus the pope as well.

Edited to add: definitely not saying sedevacantists aren't Catholic, though. Many of the ones I know are better Catholics than I. I just can't wrap my head around the vacantist part.
Why don't you ask them? Not sure why you expect anyone here to know.
Sarah, can you explain the amount of Catholicism in Russian Orthodoxy? I'm not very familiar with that group.
(11-28-2011, 02:51 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Sarah, can you explain the amount of Catholicism in Russian Orthodoxy? I'm not very familiar with that group.

Valid orders and sacraments, considered schismatic at the moment. It is (sort of) part of the Eastern Orthodox churches. They do recognise the Pope as being the bishop of Rome.

Pray for consecration and unification.
Pages: 1 2