FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Jimmy Fallon wanted to be a priest.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Mr. FALLON: I don’t go to – I tried to go back. When I was out in L.A. and I was kind of struggling for a bit. I went to church for a while, but it’s kind of, it’s gotten gigantic now for me. It’s like too… There’s a band. There’s a band there now, and you got to, you have to hold hands with people through the whole Mass now, and I don’t like doing that. You know, I mean, it used to be the shaking hands piece was the only time you touched each other.

GROSS: Mm-hmm.

Mr. FALLON: Now, I’m holding hand – now I’m lifting people. Like Simba.

(Laughter)

Mr. FALLON: I’m holding them (Singing) ha nah hey nah ho.

(Speaking) I’m doing too much. I don’t want – there’s Frisbees being thrown, there’s beach balls going around, people waving lighters, and I go, ‘This is too much for me.’ I want the old way. I want to hang out with the, you know, with the nuns, you know, that was my favorite type of Mass, and the grotto, and just like straight up, just Mass Mass.

It's mind-boggling sad how this fallen-away Catholic GETS Catholicism a shitton more than the heretical nutjobs running the parishes do.

Granted, Fallon probably never experienced the TLM, but, he wants more reverence, clearly. 

There's entire generations out there who want what he wants, but the queers and the liberals still dominate with their guitars and beach balls.

Thank God for the TLM.
Good post, CC. It really is such a scandal, isn't it? God is obviously speaking to the hearts of sinners, hearkening them back to the Church, but our pastors are not giving them the spiritual food they seek. Instead, they turn them away with worldly worship.
(12-05-2011, 07:17 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Mr. FALLON: I don’t go to – I tried to go back. When I was out in L.A. and I was kind of struggling for a bit. I went to church for a while, but it’s kind of, it’s gotten gigantic now for me. It’s like too… There’s a band. There’s a band there now, and you got to, you have to hold hands with people through the whole Mass now, and I don’t like doing that. You know, I mean, it used to be the shaking hands piece was the only time you touched each other.

GROSS: Mm-hmm.

Mr. FALLON: Now, I’m holding hand – now I’m lifting people. Like Simba.

(Laughter)

Mr. FALLON: I’m holding them (Singing) ha nah hey nah ho.

(Speaking) I’m doing too much. I don’t want – there’s Frisbees being thrown, there’s beach balls going around, people waving lighters, and I go, ‘This is too much for me.’ I want the old way. I want to hang out with the, you know, with the nuns, you know, that was my favorite type of Mass, and the grotto, and just like straight up, just Mass Mass.

It's mind-boggling sad how this fallen-away Catholic GETS Catholicism a shitton more than the heretical nutjobs running the parishes do.

Granted, Fallon probably never experienced the TLM, but, he wants more reverence, clearly. 

There's entire generations out there who want what he wants, but the queers and the liberals still dominate with their guitars and beach balls.

Thank God for the TLM.

The part was also pretty heart breaking:

Quote:just, I loved the church. I loved the idea of it. I loved the smell of the incense. I loved the feeling you get when you left church. I loved like how this priest can make people feel this good. I just thought it was – I loved the whole idea of it. My grandfather was very religious, so I used to go to Mass with him at like 6:45 in the morning, serve Mass. And then you made money, too, if you did weddings and funerals. You’d get like five bucks. And so I go ‘Okay, I can make money too.’ I go, ‘This could be a good deal for me.’ I thought I had the calling.

Heart-breaking, indeed. It just shows how fragile our souls are. God obviously has been providing the grace in Jimmy Fallon's life to get him to return to the Church. It is the ministers of the Church who have failed to cooperate with His grace.
I like Jimmy Fallon.  Rose loves him.  But it seems obvious that he'd most likely be a practicing Catholic, even probably a priest if the Church had stayed traditional.

It's scary to think of all the souls lost.  And it's even scarier to think of the souls of those responsible.
(12-05-2011, 07:31 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Heart-breaking, indeed. It just shows how fragile our souls are. God obviously has been providing the grace in Jimmy Fallon's life to get him to return to the Church. It is the ministers of the Church who have failed to cooperate with His grace.

And, apparently, God has been heaping it on Fallon!  First as a kid, and now in that soul-eating culture of Hollywood! 

Quote: I tried to go back. When I was out in L.A. and I was kind of struggling for a bit. I went to church for a while
!!!

And yet here, the prodigal son is turned away for pop sensationalism, for feeling good, and for "welcoming community."

God, please lead Fallon to the TLM! 
(12-05-2011, 08:06 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I like Jimmy Fallon.  Rose loves him.  But it seems obvious that he'd most likely be a practicing Catholic, even probably a priest if the Church had stayed traditional.

It's scary to think of all the souls lost.  And it's even scarier to think of the souls of those responsible.

The way he talks it does sound like he hungers for the faith.

Let's pray he finds it.  
I know people who are good friends with Jimmy Fallon, among whom is a cousin of mine. Besides the priest he mentioned in the article (Fr. McFadden) he was also an altar boy who served with another Irish priest (straight from Ireland, that is) named Father Denis O'Sullivan, who had " a lot of pre-Vatican II ways of doing things" as parishioners of the church Fallon went to at the time noted.

If I could meet him someday (and that's a real possibility) I'd steer him into the direction of the TLM.  The UnamSanctam blogspot did a story on him last month.
(12-05-2011, 08:21 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2011, 08:06 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I like Jimmy Fallon.  Rose loves him.  But it seems obvious that he'd most likely be a practicing Catholic, even probably a priest if the Church had stayed traditional.

The way he talks it does sound like he hungers for the faith.

Let's pray he finds it.  

We should go tell him!
Pages: 1 2 3