FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Star Wars and the History of Vatican II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The outrageous but bizarrely supportable thesis statement that I lay before you is this: the Star Wars saga symbolizes the history of Vatican II.  For those unschooled in the ways of Star Wars and recent Church History, this may not interest you … or will just be incoherent.  But without further ado, let me start at the beginning, a long time ago, in an Ecumenical Council far, far away …

http://vestalmorons.wordpress.com/2011/1...atican-ii/

LOL
When I first discovered Frank Herbert’s Dune series starting in the early ‘70’s I was struck by the parallels (undoubtedly intentional) of pre-VII Catholicism as it appeared to be received by the growing self-enlightened crowd.  Then came the natural extension of the Dune sage; Star Wars which, naturally, carried those threads through it as well.

But that’s just me  - I live at an altitude of 9,000 feet where the air is thin, and I have an excuse for my strange ways.  Huh?

Caoimhín
This is thread number three.
(12-10-2011, 04:20 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]This is thread number three.

I should have known.  I tried searching before I posted but, alas, no search feature.  There will be more by the end of the day too....  LOL

The author must have really hit a nerve.

What is the buzz about Star Wars? Is it coming out again? I think I heard one of my little guys saying it was be re-released in 3D.
(12-10-2011, 04:33 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]

What is the buzz about Star Wars? Is it coming out again? I think I heard one of my little guys saying it was be re-released in 3D.

No I don't think it has anything to do with Star Wars being re-released.  The article is just clever.
(12-10-2011, 02:06 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: [ -> ]When I first discovered Frank Herbert’s Dune series starting in the early ‘70’s I was struck by the parallels (undoubtedly intentional) of pre-VII Catholicism as it appeared to be received by the growing self-enlightened crowd.  Then came the natural extension of the Dune sage; Star Wars which, naturally, carried those threads through it as well.

But that’s just me  - I live at an altitude of 9,000 feet where the air is thin, and I have an excuse for my strange ways.  Huh?

Caoimhín

Oh, yeah. Woot.(You've got me by 2800).

I thought you were in Denver. Retired in the high country?
Yep... Park County.  Our motto:  "Welcome to The Park - Come on vacation, leave on probation!"

LOL

Caoimhin

AMDG
(12-11-2011, 12:50 AM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: [ -> ]Yep... Park County.  Our motto:  "Welcome to The Park - Come on vacation, leave on probation!"

LOL

Caoimhin

AMDG

It appears then that capricious policing is force majeure up ther. And I though El Paso county was bad.
Well, then I will be sure my money and I stay away and keep down in The Wet and Sangre De Cristo ranges.