FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Christmas" Social
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just a bunch of venting and vitrol. Not a plea for help. Please forgive me.
I took my step daughter to her school Christmas social. I hate it, but she gets to sing and play with her friends, so I go.
The first reason I hate this social is that nobody there likes me. My fiance's ex wife was a bit of a tramp (kind of like the Pope is a bit Catholic). The woman slept with every man who stood still long enough. One of her targets was the step-son of a big muckety muck in the social hiarchy of the parish. So they all know and dislike her.
But here's the catch. She's moved far away, and they all think I'm her. Nobody comes out and says anything, but the snubbing is rather forceful.
The second reason I hate this social is the songs the school music director chooses for the kids to sing. Mind you, this is a Catholic school. This year we had everything from mangled carols (seriously folks, what's wrong with the original wordsHuh?) and reindeer themed hip-hop. What I wouldn't do to hear them sing a bit of Latin!! But no. It' is not to be. At least this year we had a Christ themed play.
Thanks for letting me rant.
I think you need to find a new school--YOU! Or an independent Catholic school that is.

(12-10-2011, 04:25 PM)knittycat Wrote: [ -> ](... This year we had everything from mangled carols (seriously folks, what's wrong with the original wordsHuh?) and reindeer themed hip-hop. What I wouldn't do to hear them sing a bit of Latin!! But no.

Is it traditional to sing songs in Latin in Christmas? I wouldn't think so, but I was born way after the 50's.

Re people disliking you, that is awful, but it is understandable and even speaks well of them that they would snub you. Isn't there anything you or your fiance could do to make it clear that you are not the mother of his child?

Aww, there now
If people are too stupid to realize that you're not the slutty ex-wife I would suggest next time you make a sign which says "I am not the slutty ex-wife" and hang it around your neck.  Even the dimmest of bulbs should be able to grasp the concept after that.