FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Report: Health Concerns Surround the Pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Headlining Drudge right now is a report that the Pope's health is a concern.

We should pray for the Holy Father and, that if this is true, that he will find renewed strength in the limitless well of God's grace.  If this is true, it seems too soon and could mean that we are looking at a new phase of the chastisement very soon (probably to begin with the collapse of Europe.)

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111217/D9RMBAQG0.html
Pray Pray Pray

Sounds like a whole lot of nothin' in terms of actual issues.  Being pope would drain a much younger man.  I don't think he needs to resign or anything -- but perhaps after all the Christmas hubub he should take a bit of a break from the constant appearances, and such.

Pray Pray Pray
The man is 85, what do you expect? 

Pray
How about offering up tommorows mass for the pope's health. I will offer mine.
Pray Pray Pray Amen!
Pray Pray Pray Always in my rosary, 1st Pater Noster.

But does anyone else find this media obsession with getting the Pope to resign just a little bit annoying, catty and transparent? Not to say that His Holiness doesn't need prayers; but perhaps a mountain is being made of an anthill in some Machiavellian attempt to get him to step down? That's the question that started to go through my mind as I read this. It's not the first time resignation has been brought up by the press, and this article seems to dwell overmuch on it... Hmmm... Snake
(12-18-2011, 05:15 AM)LuxMichaelisCSP Wrote: [ -> ]Pray Pray Pray Always in my rosary, 1st Pater Noster.

This. Pray Pray Pray
(12-18-2011, 05:15 AM)LuxMichaelisCSP Wrote: [ -> ]Pray Pray Pray Always in my rosary, 1st Pater Noster.

But does anyone else find this media obsession with getting the Pope to resign just a little bit annoying, catty and transparent? Not to say that His Holiness doesn't need prayers; but perhaps a mountain is being made of an anthill in some Machiavellian attempt to get him to step down? That's the question that started to go through my mind as I read this. It's not the first time resignation has been brought up by the press, and this article seems to dwell overmuch on it... Hmmm... Snake

It seems to me that the modern world is obsessed with just the general concept of popes retiring.  The idea that someone would reign until their death is just so monarchical.
(12-20-2011, 06:18 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

It seems to me that the modern world is obsessed with just the general concept of popes retiring.  The idea that someone would reign until their death is just so monarchical.

The whole idea of a Pope is pretty monarchical.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6