FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Your favorite Roman Pontiff and why...................
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Eugenio Pacelli. Has the Bride of Christ ever been guided by a more faithful hand?[Image: grottoes-pius-xii-tomb-benedict-xvi.jpg]
Pius XII may have been the holiest Pope ever............
“We belong to the Church Militant; and she is militant because on earth the powers of darkness are ever restless to encompass her destruction.” Pope Pius XII
From what I know of him, I'm a big fan of Pius XII as well - such an orator and such an impressive man.  May his canonization come soon!  Smile

That said, I think one of the biggest problems with the institutional Church is a lack of monastics - we need more monks and nuns.  If we had more conservative monks becoming bishops, we'd have a lot fewer problems.  I suppose that means I toss my hat in with Saint Gregory the Great.  Smile
St. Peter because he's the first and we know his life like an open book, faults and all, his great love for Our Lord.
Pope St. Pius V who standardized the Mass and the liturgy. Grin

I too like Pope Pius XII.
(12-23-2011, 02:38 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]St. Peter because he's the first and we know his life like an open book, faults and all, his great love for Our Lord.

That answer's too easy, SCG!  That's like saying Luke is your favorite Starwars character.  LOL
(12-23-2011, 02:39 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2011, 02:38 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]St. Peter because he's the first and we know his life like an open book, faults and all, his great love for Our Lord.

That answer's too easy, SCG!  That's like saying Luke is your favorite Starwars character.   LOL

LOL Okay, Okay.. Leo the Great!  ;-)
Did you know the first Roman pontiff wasn't Catholic? He hadn't even heard of Christ!
(12-23-2011, 02:46 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know the first Roman pontiff wasn't Catholic? He hadn't even heard of Christ!

Right!  LOL 
(12-23-2011, 02:46 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know the first Roman pontiff wasn't Catholic? He hadn't even heard of Christ!

Good one. Someone! I wonder how many people got it! lol
My favourite is Blessed Pius IX, who issued the Syllabus Errorum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4