FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: For those doing the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary on the Purification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Day 4 - " O happy confidence! O perfect refuge!  The Mother of God is my Mother. What firm trust we should have, then, since our salvation depends on the judgment of a good brother and a tender Mother." - Saint Anselm of Canterbury
Day 5 - "Those who have great devotion to Mary not only will be saved, but also will, through her intercession, become great Saints. Furthermore, their
holiness will grow from day to day ."
- Saint Vincent Pallotti
bump for the rest of you guys, my wife and I are picking another day though, gives us time to read up on it more, etc. 
Thanks for the great link to read!
Day 7 today!

:)
Day 6 - "The devil is always looking for someone to devour. In the same way, Mary is always looking for someone she can help in any way."- Pope Saint Leo I " the Great "

Day 7 - “Mary is the most sweet bait, chosen, prepared, and ordained by God, to catch the hearts of men. The devotions we practice in honor of the glorious Virgin Mary, however trifling they may be, are very pleasing to Her Divine Son, and He rewards them with eternal glory.” - St. Catherine of Siena
Day 8 - " Seek refuge in Mary  because she is the city of refuge. We know that Moses set up three cities of refuge for anyone who inadvertantly killed his neighbor. Now the Lord has established a refuge of mercy, Mary, even for those who deliberately commit evil. Mary provides shelter and strength for the sinner."  - Saint Anthony of Padua (1195 - 1231)

Day 9 -  "Think often of the Blessed Virgin with love. Those who have received the grace to do so, possess a great sign for predestination." - Saint Ambrose (340 - 397)

Day 10 - "Prayer is powerful beyond limits when we turn to the Immaculata who is queen even of God's heart."  - Saint Maximilian Kolbe (1894 - 1941)
bump! :)

How is everyone coming alone with preparation?
(01-09-2012, 12:48 PM)sarahraphael Wrote: [ -> ]bump! :)

How is everyone coming alone with preparation?

Great!  I almost missed yesterday, but I got it in right before bed.  :LOL:

Other than that, it's been exciiiiiting!
Day 11 - "Let us not imagine that we obscure the glory of the Son by the great praise we lavish on His Mother. The more Mary is honored, the greater is the glory of her Son."  - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 -1153)

Day 12 -  "Whoever bears the mark of devotion to Mary, God recognizes as His own."- Saint Alphonsus Liguori. (1696 - 1787) 

Day 13 - " The Mother of God contained the infinite God under her Heart, the God Whom no space can contain. Through her, the Trinity is adored, demons are vanquished, Satan is cast out of heaven, and our fallen nature is assumed into heaven."  - Saint Cyril of Alexandria (376-444)

Day 14 - "Those who enjoy the favor of Mary are recognized by the citizens of heaven.  And those that bear her stamp , that is, those that have the grace to be her servants, are inscribed in the Book of Life. "  - Saint Bonaventure (1221 - 1274)

Day 15 - "The Blessed Virgin Mary is called the Star of the Sea. Those who sail the ocean seas are guided to the port they seek by carefully observing the stars. In the same way, Christians are guided to heavenly glory by keeping their eyes on Mary."- Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225 - 1274)

Day 16 -  " While remaining the mother of our Judge, Mary is a mother to us, full of mercy. She constitutes our protection. She keeps us close to Christ, and she faithfully takes the matter of our salvation into her charge."  Saint Peter Canisius (1521 - 1597)

Day 17 - “There is no danger of exaggerating. We can never hope to fathom this inexpressible mystery nor will we ever be able to give sufficient thanks to our Mother for bringing us into such intimacy with the Blessed Trinity.”
-Saint Josemaria Escriva
Here are the rest of the Marian quotes for the rest of the days during the Consecration, in case I don't make it back frequently enough (like how it's been so far...)

Day 18 - "The reason why Christ is unknown today is because His Mother is unknown." - Saint Cardinal John Henry Newman

Day 19 - ”Let those who think that the Church pays too much attention to Mary give heed to the fact that Our Blessed Lord Himself gave ten times as much of His life to her as He gave to His Apostles.” -Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen"

Day 20 -  " She is more Mother than Queen. What a joy to remember that she is our Mother! Since she loves us and knows our weakness, what have we to fear?” -Saint Therese of Lisieux

Day 21 - When the Holy Spirit finds Mary in a soul, He flies to it. He enters therein and communicates Himself to that soul with abundance."  - Saint Louis Grignion de Montfort (1673 - 1716)

Day 22 - "May the life of Mary, who gave birth to God, be for all of you as instructive as if it were written down. Come to know yourselves in her." - Saint Athanasius (293/297 - 373)

Day 23 -  "Heap together all of the love of mothers for their children, all of the love of husbands for their wives, and all of the love of the Angels and the Saints for their clients. The total could never equal Mary's love for even a single soul!"  - Saint Alphonsus Liguori (1696 - 1787)

Day 24 - "When our hands have touched spices, they give fragrance to all they handle.  Let us make our prayers pass through the hands of the Blessed Virgin. She will make them fragrant." - Saint John Vianney (1786 - 1859)

Day 25 - "Some people are foolish enough to believe that they can get through their whole life without any help from the Blessed Virgin Mary. Do not fear the enemy; he will not launch anything against the little ship of your spirit because Jesus is the helmsman and Mary is the star."  - Saint Padre Pio (1887 - 1968)

Day 26 - "In dangers, in doubts, in difficulties, think of Mary, call upon Mary. Let not her name depart from your lips, never suffer it to leave your heart. And that you may obtain the assistance of her prayer, neglect not to walk in her footsteps. With her for guide, you shall never go astray; while invoking her, you shall never lose heart; so long as she is in your mind, you are safe from deception; while she holds your hand, you cannot fall; under her protection you have nothing to fear; if she walks before you, you shall not grow weary; if she shows you favor, you shall reach the goal."- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Day 27 -  "Love the Immaculata ! Confide in her and consecrate yourself to her without reservation. Strive to do everything as she herself would do in your place, especially by loving God as she loves Him. If you want to grow in perfection, you cannot advance by yourselves - you need a guide. Hence, when you go to God, go through Mary and with Mary !"  - Saint Maximilian Kolbe (1894 - 1941)

Day 28 - “In that first ‘fusion’ with Jesus (Holy Communion), it was my Heavenly Mother again who accompanied me to the altar for it was she herself who placed her Jesus into my soul.” -Saint Therese of Lisieux

Day 29 - "When, O Mother Immaculate, will you become Queen of each and every soul? When will all the souls in the entire world know the goodness and love of your Heart towards them? When will every soul show you its gratitude with ardent love, and not only by passing affection, but by total dedication of the will to you, so that you reign in each and every heart and be able to form them according to the pattern of the Most Sacred Heart of thy Son, to make them happy , to divinise them? When will this come about ? "  - Saint Maximilian Kolbe (1894 - 1941)

Day 30 - "The Blessed Virgin Mary  has the power of delivering souls from purgatory by her prayers, and by applying her merits for them. This is especially true for souls that were devoted to her on earth." -  Saint Bernardine of Siena

Day 31 - "Those who belong to Mary should do all they can to win the hearts of others to her. And Mary will enlighten those hearts , enkindle them with the love of her Maternal Heart, and inflame them with the fire of charity that burns in the Divine Heart of Jesus. " -  Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Day 32 - "Take shelter under our Lady's mantle, and do not fear. She will give you all you need. She is very rich, and besides is so very generous with her children. So take advantage without fear and with complete confidence, whenever you need anything. She loves giving." - St. Raphaela Mary

Day 33 - "The heavens rejoice, and all the earth ought to stand amazed when I say 'Hail Mary'. Satan and hell tremble when I repeat 'Hail Mary'. Sorrow is banished, and a new joy fills my soul when I say 'Hail Mary'. My languid affection is strengthened in God and my soul is refreshed when I repeat 'Hail Mary'. So great is the sweetness of this blessed salutation that it is not to be expressed in words, but remains deeper in the heart than can be fathomed. -St. Thomas a Kempis

Consecration Day: "My Immaculate Heart shall be your refuge and the road that shall lead you to God. Jesus wishes to make use of you ( Lucia ) to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. I promise salvation to those who embrace it, and those souls will be loved by God, like flowers placed by me to adorn His Throne"
- Our Lady of Fatima, 1917 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5