FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Reputable place to get relics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another thread got me thinking, and I want to get a few relics for our house.  Does anyone know of any trustworthy organizations or people I could contact?
Contact the Father Seelos Shrine.

I really don't like the way they handel relics it's sort of like any joe blow could get their hands on a first class relic of his but I'm sure yo won't use it for malice.

The nuns who run the religious store at the top of the Holy Stairs in Rome sell authentic first class relics.
The Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer have a link on their blog for relics of St. Gerard Majella Smile
(12-30-2011, 07:43 AM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: [ -> ]The nuns who run the religious store at the top of the Holy Stairs in Rome sell authentic first class relics.

I thought it was illegal to sell relics? Well...not illegal as in the law...but as in Church law.

(12-30-2011, 10:37 AM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2011, 07:43 AM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: [ -> ]The nuns who run the religious store at the top of the Holy Stairs in Rome sell authentic first class relics.

I thought it was illegal to sell relics? Well...not illegal as in the law...but as in Church law.

Yes, but i think that what you're "buying" is the reliquary. The relic just happens to be in it.

How do I contact these women?!!?!? I must know!

But seriously, will I just put in nuns at the top of the holy stairs or would I have to go to Roma?
Before the internet, it wasn't difficult to obtain authentic first class relics.  Now, with people selling them on e-bay, they are much, much harder to get.  Other than the Blessed Francis Seelos Shrine, maybe the St. John Neuman Shrine in Philadelphia...the Mother Seton Shrine in Emmitsburg, Maryland...I cannot think of any other place that they are easily obtained unless you go to the Vatican, or have connections (like a priest - they will give them more readily to a priest rather than a layperson).

I'd like to get a few more myself.  As it is, I have been "collecting" them since 1967.  Now, I am faced with the difficulty of who should get them in the event of my death!
I wrote to a Monignor friend in the chancery and he gave me
a first class relic of St Francis Xavier [ex ossibus]
A second class relic of St Pio of Pietrelcina [part of his glove]

I also obtained from an FSSP friend a first class relic of St Agnes [ex ossibus]
All with proper Vatican documentaion.

So for me its who you know
(12-30-2011, 01:36 PM)Lavalliere Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to get a few more myself.  As it is, I have been "collecting" them since 1967.  Now, I am faced with the difficulty of who should get them in the event of my death!

you should offer them to the Servents of the Holy Family or the FSSP. 
Pages: 1 2