FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What's the Trad Opinion On Anglicans/Episcopalians Joining the Catholic Church?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/o...story.html

It appears we may have many new converts to the Catholic Church soon, and yes, I know not many (if any) will be traditional Catholics. However, I would think a person would have to be very understanding of traditions in the Church to go from being Anglican to Catholic. I would bet they understand why it is impossible for a woman to be a priest, why homosexuality should be forbidden, and the importance of saints, among many other things. I know many of these new converts will have a lot to get used to, but I would think they have already been fighting for Catholic ideas with more determination than many people who have been Catholic their whole lives. As Traditional Catholics, do you think it was a good idea for the Vatican to make accommodations to the new clergy and lay converts?
Seems to me they joined the wrong religion.
(01-04-2012, 09:02 AM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to me they joined the wrong religion.

The Catholic Church?
The Ordinariate is not much different than the implementation of the Anglican Use (which was done in 1980), except on a larger scale.
(01-04-2012, 12:41 PM)atlantis587 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2012, 09:02 AM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to me they joined the wrong religion.

The Catholic Church?

No, the post Vatican II Ecumenical Church!
I read a story on them coming in.  The story said the ordinariate would allow Anglicans to keep some "Anglican practices" like receiving communion on the tongue while kneeling...

I'm sure they will be a mixed bag.  For some, the penny will drop and they will take advantage of Summorum Pontificum and embrace traditional Catholicism to help them live the doctrine.

The others will either slide towards the Novus Ordo and float around in the ambiguity.
(01-04-2012, 02:08 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure they will be a mixed bag.  For some, the penny will drop and they will take advantage of Summorum Pontificum and embrace traditional Catholicism to help them live the doctrine.

The Anglican church in my town looking to join already celebrates the TLM (or pretend to).  They also have the Oath against Modernism prominently featured on their website. 

Most of the Anglicans coming in are very conservative High-Church people who have no desire to attend the NO.  Indeed, that's one of the points of the ordinariate.  They aren't required to celebrate it. 
(01-04-2012, 02:13 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2012, 02:08 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure they will be a mixed bag.  For some, the penny will drop and they will take advantage of Summorum Pontificum and embrace traditional Catholicism to help them live the doctrine.

The Anglican church in my town looking to join already celebrates the TLM (or pretend to).  They also have the Oath against Modernism prominently featured on their website. 

That's awesome. I look forward to the reunion with the Church of that group and all others like it.
(01-04-2012, 02:13 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the Anglicans coming in are very conservative High-Church people who have no desire to attend the NO.  Indeed, that's one of the points of the ordinariate.  They aren't required to celebrate it. 

No, no.  The Whore of Rome will soon impose the Novus Ordo on these Anglicans like he did with the FSSP, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5