FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: U.S. Bishop daddy X 2. Not good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.wnep.com/sns-rt-us-vatican-us...2381.story

He resigned after revealing he had 2 teenage children. Not good at all.
Definitely not good but hardly anything new unfortunately.
Well...at least it's probably the best kind of sex scandal - the kind where no one has been abused and nothing weird happened.  It is unfortunate that it was a bishop, but it was hardly the first time.
Yeah, true.
What's almost as bad, is that I was in the book store at the National Mary Queen of the Universe Basilica shrine in Orlando back in November and I saw a book by Marcial Maciel. Oh yes. I almost fell over when I saw it. Unbelievable.
http://www.maryqueenoftheuniverse.org/
Fortunately, due to the scandal we understand that this bishop probably (?) is not gay.
How many gay bishops? God only knows.
What is much, much worse is the fact that we're getting so used to these things that it's actually scary. It's not only "not good"... it's TERRIBLE... the fact that it doesn't involve sex abuse is not relevant, he's a consecrated bishop who was/is a priest, of course child abuse is much worse, but this is nonetheless scandalous.
Bishops and even Popes fathering illegitimate children has been a problem since ... probably the 1st century.
(01-04-2012, 12:34 PM)Jesusbrea Wrote: [ -> ]What is much, much worse is the fact that we're getting so used to these things that it's actually scary. It's not only "not good"... it's TERRIBLE... the fact that it doesn't involve sex abuse is not relevant, he's a consecrated bishop who was/is a priest, of course child abuse is much worse, but this is nonetheless scandalous.

Bishops siring bastards was a very common thing during the middle ages.  

Heck, a number of Popes sired bastards.  

Not good, but not new either.  
(01-04-2012, 12:38 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2012, 12:34 PM)Jesusbrea Wrote: [ -> ]What is much, much worse is the fact that we're getting so used to these things that it's actually scary. It's not only "not good"... it's TERRIBLE... the fact that it doesn't involve sex abuse is not relevant, he's a consecrated bishop who was/is a priest, of course child abuse is much worse, but this is nonetheless scandalous.

Bishops siring bastards was a very common thing during the middle ages.  

Heck, a number of Popes sired bastards.  

Not good, but not new either.  

Yes, I know it's not new, Alexander VI comes to mind, that doesn't mean it is not scandalous because it's common. We (including myself, of course) should do more penance and prayer for wayward priests and bishops
A very sad thing, the breaking of vows.  Although I agree with Chris- at least it wasn't little boys.  At least that means we've got some straight priests left.  That's got to count for something.
Pages: 1 2 3