FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rick Santorum Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have heard several commentators state that Rick Santorum attends the Extraordinary Form. Does anyone know if that is true?
If it is true, will that sway any Traditional Catholics to vote for him because of this? Just curious, thanks.
He attends the Latin NO.
(01-07-2012, 03:49 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]He attends the Latin NO.

Thats what I heard as well.

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/hom...dos-11374/

God, family and country are the strong points of the rising star in the race for the republican nomination for the White House

Vatican Insider Staff
Rome

God, family and country are the guidelines for Rick Santorum, rising star for the Republican nomination for the White House, also considered the moral winner of the caucus in Iowa where he came second by just eight votes. And obviously, after the results were made public, Santorum said three thanks: to his wife, to God and to Iowa. 

Religion and Christian values have been among the main themes of his electoral campaign from the beginning. In televised debates in the past months, Santorum, who every Sunday attends mass in Latin in a church near Washington, reiterated his hostility towards gay marriage, contraception and abortion (even in a case of rape).

The country and its defence are, however, obviously Santorum’s favourite grounds to criticize the current resident of the White House, who according to him is the most divisive president of all time, because ‘speech after speech tries to divide America in social classes, racial and ethnic groups’. But on the other hand, concerning Iran, for example, according to Santorum, Obama is “naive”; while he, Santorum, would be ready to bomb the Iranian nuclear sites if Teheran refused to withdraw from its military operations. Moreover, Santorum claims that «America is at war with Islamic fascism », while Obama «doesn’t admit that Jihadism is the evil, he doesn’t admit that Sharia (Islamic law, ndr) is incompatible with western society and the United States »

Usually however family, since his first parliamentary involvement, is one of Santorum’s strong points; in December he moved the country answering a question on how he was able to continue his electoral campaign when his daughter, Bella, the youngest of his seven children is terminally ill and her life is measured in “days and weeks”

Talking with ABC journalist Christiane Amanpour who was asking him why he carried on his electoral campaign, seeing his daughter’s health situation and since according to the polls he was at the bottom of the candidates list, Santorum answered: “I do not worry about the polls. I try to be the best father and husband possible and a large part of this is to try and build a country that respects her life and a country that is free, safe and prosperous for all my children».

Rick Santorum, along with Karen and their children, regularly attend the weekly Solemn Mass in Latin at their local Catholic church, St Catherine of Siena, Great Falls VA - at which it seems that Gregorian chant is the norm.
http://saintcatherineschurch.org/

(01-07-2012, 03:45 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard several commentators state that Rick Santorum attends the Extraordinary Form. Does anyone know if that is true?
If it is true, will that sway any Traditional Catholics to vote for him because of this? Just curious, thanks.

IF I could vote, it would certainly sway me, but being Canadian.....
Well I like what I see here... Don't know much about him.  He sounds like someone to check out, for sure.

Where does he find one?  They're much rarer than the TLM.
(01-07-2012, 07:07 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: [ -> ]

Where does he find one?  They're much rarer than the TLM.

(01-07-2012, 04:59 PM)Cindy Wrote: [ -> ]http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/hom...dos-11374/

[ . . . ] Rick Santorum, along with Karen and their children, regularly attend the weekly Solemn Mass in Latin at their local Catholic church, St Catherine of Siena, Great Falls VA - at which it seems that Gregorian chant is the norm.
http://saintcatherineschurch.org/

It says "Solemn High". Doesn't that mean it's the Tridentine Mass? Is the the Novus Ordo in Latin called "solemn"?
(01-07-2012, 09:44 PM)charlesh Wrote: [ -> ]It says "Solemn High". Doesn't that mean it's the Tridentine Mass? Is the the Novus Ordo in Latin called "solemn"?

No, not necessarily. For example, there are at least two churches in London (the Brompton Oratory and Saint James, Spanish Place) that advertise both "Extraordinary Form" and "Solemn Latin" Masses in their schedules; the latter meaning Novus Ordo.
Pages: 1 2