FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New article on EWTN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's a new article on EWTN:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/b...catechism/

Excerpt:

Some of EWTN’s harshest critics over the years have seen the network not as a monolith of Catholic traditionalism, but as a force of moral relativism and even apostasy.

Christopher Ferrara, author of the blistering EWTN: A Network Gone Wrong, has made the most pointed case on this subject, alleging that the network “has become in many respects utterly modernist by every objective historical standard of Roman Catholicism.” He accuses the network of privileging ecumenism over doctrine and of arguing that one can be saved via doing good works rather than only through the Church.

Ferrara finds this worrisome because “for millions of Catholics EWTN is the Catholic Faith. This network has more influence today than the Vatican itself. And that is a serious problem in the Church.”

See the comments section too. Combat Leon Berton.
Certainly with regard to their secular news reporting via Raymond Arroyo, they are a network serving a neoconservative agenda. They engage in Reagan hagiography, they invite Bush associates on to defend torture, and they follow the neoconservative line with regard to the "global war on terror." Their Catholic credentials are soiled, in my opinion.
(01-11-2012, 03:16 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly with regard to their secular news reporting via Raymond Arroyo, they are a network serving a neoconservative agenda. They engage in Reagan hagiography, they invite Bush associates on to defend torture, and they follow the neoconservative line with regard to the "global war on terror." Their Catholic credentials are soiled, in my opinion.

All very true they also are very ecumenical, way too much for me. I saw a program awhile back with some talking heads stating that the new Rosary mysteries made the Rosary more exceptable to some Protestants. As if we need to be making our devotions more pleasing to heretics. Little things like that irritate me about the channel. At least they have a decent daily Mass for shut ins.
I once tuned to EWTN in español (2 years ago) (Mexican cable TV carries it), I watched Alejandro Bermudez,  a "Theologian" who has his own show warning Catholics about the Lefebrites (Lefebristas) and to be careful not to attend their "Retrograde" sect.
He went on to say that they think they are more Catholic than the Pope and that there is a risk of excommunication for Catholics that attend "their mass".
This is the guy
[Image: Alejandro.jpg]

I turned it off. My wife immediately told me "Cuantos Mexicanos estan viendo esto y estan creyendo estas mentiras? Que triste."

Translation: "How many Mexicans are watching this and are believing these lies? How sad."

(01-11-2012, 03:32 PM)Tapatio Wrote: [ -> ]I once tuned to EWTN in español (2 years ago) (Mexican cable TV carries it), I watched Alejandro Bermudez,  a "Theologian" who has his own show warning Catholics about the Lefebrites (Lefebristas) and to be careful not to attend their "Retrograde" sect.
He went on to say that they think they are more Catholic than the Pope and that there is a risk of excommunication for Catholics that attend "their mass".
This is the guy

He sounds like a real jerk. It seems right then that you reject him.
"Reagan Hagiography"

LOL. Good one, rbjmartin.

Why would the Luminous Mysteries be more acceptable to Prots?

I'm really rather tired of these Mysteries being attacked. We are now in the Octave of the Epiphany, and two of these Mysteries are now being meditated on in the Breviary.

And, I'll tell you another thing, Baptism used to be referred to as being illumined. As in receiving the Light.

Just thought I would throw that out there for you people who think JPII was a 33 Degree Freemason.
(01-11-2012, 04:25 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]"Reagan Hagiography"

I'm really rather tired of these Mysteries being attacked.

They haven't been attacked. They're wonderful, of course.

What's been attacked is the notion that they're part of the Rosary. They're not. Our Lady gave us only the Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries as part of the Rosary. Review:

http://www.seattlecatholic.com/article_2...osary.html
(01-11-2012, 03:32 PM)Tapatio Wrote: [ -> ]I once tuned to EWTN in español (2 years ago) (Mexican cable TV carries it), I watched Alejandro Bermudez,  a "Theologian" who has his own show warning Catholics about the Lefebrites (Lefebristas) and to be careful not to attend their "Retrograde" sect.
This is the guy

I turned it off. My wife immediately told me "Cuantos Mexicanos estan viendo esto y estan creyendo estas mentiras? Que triste."

Translation: "How many Mexicans are watching this and are believing these lies? How sad."

I wrote him a letter after I watched that episode... so far, no response from him; he doesn't want to listen to the truth, in fact he even goes beyond the mind of Pope Benedict by calling the lefebvrists "schismatics", how dares he question the pope? (by his own standards).
(01-11-2012, 04:25 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]"Reagan Hagiography"

I'm really rather tired of these Mysteries being attacked. We are now in the Octave of the Epiphany, and two of these Mysteries are now being meditated on in the Breviary.

And, I'll tell you another thing, Baptism used to be referred to as being illumined. As in receiving the Light.

Just thought I would throw that out there for you people who think JPII was a 33 Degree Freemason.
'

Those Mysteries contain the Institution of the Eucharist... how can that possibly be acceptable to prots?
This is the guy

Demaciados.  Yo recuerdo en Mexico, de chica, me decian que la misa en latin era la "Misa prohibida" y que los "Lefebvristas" no eran Catolicos    :eyeroll:  hoy me da risa, pero en ese entonces me daba un coraje!
Pages: 1 2 3