FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holy Father Celebrates Ad Orientem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

In the Sistine Chapel for the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.  Video quality not the best.

Too bad he said the wrong words for the consecration of the Precious Blood! 

(01-12-2012, 01:56 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad he said the wrong words for the consecration of the Precious Blood! 
The dimond bros. strike again?
(01-12-2012, 02:00 AM)Tapatio Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2012, 01:56 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad he said the wrong words for the consecration of the Precious Blood! 
The dimond bros. strike again?

I think that Holy Father's age is (or has already) caught up to him.  It has nothing to do with the Dimonds. 

Very bad situation.  Is it true that the sacrifice is still valid if the concelebrants say the correct words?  I am not a sacramental theologian.
I'm sure it is I mean it was just an accident.
(01-12-2012, 02:09 AM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it is I mean it was just an accident.

Doesn't matter.  The only thing that would make the sacrifice valid at this point is if the concelebrants words are enough.  The validity of sacraments hinges on three things, and three things only: form (usually referring to the words of the prayer) matter and intent (of the minister of the sacrament).

We can appeal to God's mercy but the fact is, that is what makes a sacrament.  If you baptize someone and say "amen" they're not baptized.  If you baptize them with coca cola, they're not baptized.  Even if it was an accident.  This is unequivocally clear.  If the concelebrants words don't validate the sacrifice, that wasn't a real mass.
I can't see the video (I'm on Blackberry) but I'll take Mith's word on the word words for the Consecration of the Precious Blood.

But just to note, the Holy Father is getting on in years, he's had an accident here.  It doesn't mean he's evil, it doesn't mean the See is now vacant!
(01-12-2012, 02:16 AM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see the video (I'm on Blackberry) but I'll take Mith's word on the word words for the Consecration of the Precious Blood.

But just to note, the Holy Father is getting on in years, he's had an accident here.  It doesn't mean he's evil, it doesn't mean the See is now vacant!

No one has said that (sede speak).  You're spot on.  The man is old, frail and it's getting really obvious.  I watched the video, you can see the consecration around the 11 minute mark, I think. 

Smurf, any knowledge on whether or not the concelebrants words are enough to validate the sacrifice if the main celebrant goofs?
Why didn't anyone (Mons. Marini?) correct him ?
(01-12-2012, 02:12 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2012, 02:09 AM)Josué Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it is I mean it was just an accident.

Doesn't matter.  The only thing that would make the sacrifice valid at this point is if the concelebrants words are enough.  The validity of sacraments hinges on three things, and three things only: form (usually referring to the words of the prayer) matter and intent (of the minister of the sacrament).

We can appeal to God's mercy but the fact is, that is what makes a sacrament.  If you baptize someone and say "amen" they're not baptized.  If you baptize them with coca cola, they're not baptized.  Even if it was an accident.  This is unequivocally clear.  If the concelebrants words don't validate the sacrifice, that wasn't a real mass.

Where did you get that from?

That would be an addition, but wouldn't take anything away. I can't see how that would invalidate it.

(Sorry this is a bit off topic, but then the thread's been kind of off topic since the start).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5