FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX in NYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone go to or know anything about the SSPX in New York (at the Military Club I think)?  I am thinking of visiting sometime soon ... all I know is Mass is only on Sundays at 1:30 pm.
I've gone there a few times.....
(01-13-2012, 01:26 PM)colombiano Wrote: [ -> ]I've gone there a few times.....

And?  Big/small congregation?  Anything interesting to report?
errrrrrr..........

about 50 people. I expected a large city like NY to have a proper chapel. Mass is held in a large room on the second floor. If you sit at the back you'll be sitting on a comfortable armchair or sofa which I found kind of strange. Nothing wrong with that of course.....just something I had not seen before.

I prefer the chapel where I usually attend Mass but since I only go to SSPX, I'm thankful to be able to attend there when I visit my siblings in NY.
(01-13-2012, 01:44 PM)colombiano Wrote: [ -> ]errrrrrr..........

about 50 people. I expected a large city like NY to have a proper chapel. Mass is held in a large room on the second floor. If you sit at the back you'll be sitting on a comfortable armchair or sofa which I found kind of strange. Nothing wrong with that of course.....just something I had not seen before.

I prefer the chapel where I usually attend Mass but since I only go to SSPX, I'm thankful to be able to attend there when I visit my siblings in NY.

I wonder if real estate prices are a reason there is no proper SSPX chapel in the city.  I do think they have more of a presence outside of the city (Long Island?  Or upstate?).
They have a very nice chapel (I was told) in Long Island.

Where do you go to Mass usually?
Saint Ignatius Retreat House/Christ The King Church in 209 Tackora Trail, Ridgefield, CT
(01-13-2012, 02:03 PM)colombiano Wrote: [ -> ]They have a very nice chapel (I was told) in Long Island.

Where do you go to Mass usually?

I usually go to Holy Innocents (diocesan) TLM at 10:00 am.

I have a newborn though, so I haven't been able to get out of the house on time with wife and baby!  We went to another TLM (St. Agnes) on Sunday, and before that we went to a nearby NO (out of necessity to fulfill the obligation).

Though my goal would still be to go to Holy Innocents, it might be convenient (and nice in other ways, to meet people) to go to a later TLM.
Being very new to tradition, I find that meeting like-minded people is very important. I've had that experience in Boston. After Mass you meet everybody and chat for a while. I haven't had that experience in NY yet but maybe I haven't stayed long enough after Mass.
(01-13-2012, 02:04 PM)MarkA Wrote: [ -> ]Saint Ignatius Retreat House/Christ The King Church in 209 Tackora Trail, Ridgefield, CT

Mark I have been tempted to attend Mass at Saint Ignatius except for that fact I met a woman who attends there as well, and she went completely insane when I asked where she went to Mass. She attacked the Pope, me and said my mother is in Hell because she was not SSPX. My mother was quite pious said the Rosary twice a day, mass weekly even if it was not at an SSPX chapel. Please tell me that there is not a bunch of closet "sede's" in Ridgefield.
Pages: 1 2