FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Brigittine Rosary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've recently started praying the Brigittine Rosary.  I know that instead of the Gloria the Apsotle's Creed is said at the end of a decade.  But what's the standard practice with opening and closing prayers?

I assume the Pater and 3 Ave are the same (otherwise you wouldn't have 7 for sorrow and 63 for earthly life).  But do you open with the Creed or open with the Pater and do the Creed where the Gloria normally is after the 3 Ave?

And is it closed with the Salve and collect?
Bump.  Before I do my last rosary before bed Big Grin!
i have a pdf from the Order of the Brigitines would you like it?  it tells you how to recite the rosary
(01-16-2012, 11:24 AM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently started praying the Brigittine Rosary.  I know that instead of the Gloria the Apsotle's Creed is said at the end of a decade.  But what's the standard practice with opening and closing prayers?

I assume the Pater and 3 Ave are the same (otherwise you wouldn't have 7 for sorrow and 63 for earthly life).  But do you open with the Creed or open with the Pater and do the Creed where the Gloria normally is after the 3 Ave?

And is it closed with the Salve and collect?

I've read in a lot of places that you are to pray the Credo on the Crucifix and start with the pater and three aves.  PM with your e-mail and I'll send you that .pdf. 

If there is anyway you can put it on here I think it will be helpful for all those who wish to pray it
I can't view PDFs right now Joe.  I'm forced to use a Blackberry because of internet problems.

Is there any chance you could sum up the method in your PDF?
Bumpity bump.
what's that?

You're doing it right if you want to use the Mysterious of Light the beginning mystery is Christ's Obedience to His parents.

introductory pater and three aves at the beginning.  the leaflet doesn't say anything about the Credo being recited on the crucifix but I have read else where that you are to recite it there.

I haven't read anywhere that we are to pray the Salve with the collect but I do it anyway with the addition of the Litany of Loreto
Bump.  I'd like more views.
for what?

Does the recitation of this rosary fulfill the obligation of the daily rosary? Huh?

I should think so since it is just another method of praying it, right?

No, no.

I contacting the Rosary Confraternity about that.  The Mysteries are the same and a rosary decade is 1 Our Father and 10 Hail Mary.  So the Brigittine Rosary fulfil obligations there, etc., and no doubt satisfies His Majesty's and Our Lady's desire.

I just want more views about the opening and closing form of this rosary.  And whilst I remember, what about the Fatima prayer at the end of the decades?
Pages: 1 2