FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: True Church vs Apostate Church debate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My interest in this issues is that a lot of folk feel that the guys in priestly garb, walking the corridors of power,using official stamps on their documents and occupying the Churches,by virtue of their geographical dominance as it were, are they who represent the true Church. I simply propose that this is a logical fallacy and patently absurd in so many cases we hear tell of round here almost every day.The True Church exists and it always will but it may not look like we expect or indeed it may become entwined with the Apostate Church as both do battle for souls until the Lord of Hosts sets things right.

Simplistically, I think people perceive this issues as being about one group on the right vs another distinct group standing apart on the left, tossing criticism at each other across the divide.
(01-18-2012, 09:03 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: [ -> ]My interest in this issues is that a lot of folk feel that the guys in priestly garb, walking the corridors of power,using official stamps on their documents and occupying the Churches,by virtue of their geographical dominance as it were, are they who represent the true Church. I simply propose that this is a logical fallacy and patently absurd in so many cases we hear tell of round here almost every day.The True Church exists and it always will but it may not look like we expect or indeed it may become entwined with the Apostate Church as both do battle for souls until the Lord of Hosts sets things right.

Simplistically, I think people perceive this issues as being about one group on the right vs another distinct group standing apart on the left, tossing criticism at each other across the divide.

One of the more well known enemy's who wears priestly garb, walks the corridors of power,using official stamps on his documents and occupying the Church is that bishop from El Paso. Sadly, he is only one of many bishops these days.

Really no need to study further than Pope St. Pius X's Pascendi Dominici Gregis

.....Nor indeed will he err in accounting them the most pernicious of all the adversaries of the Church. For as We have said, they put their designs for her ruin into operation not from without but from within; hence, the danger is present almost in the very veins and heart of the Church, whose injury is the more certain, the more intimate is their knowledge of her. Moreover they lay the axe not to the branches and shoots, but to the very root, that is, to the faith and its deepest fires.
Pages: 1 2