FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Protestant Exorcisms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(01-19-2012, 02:51 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I looked for this on the net and couldn't find it, so it's a story, unless someone can back it up.  After the Protestant uprising, a young woman, a Protestant became possessed. Her "ministers" tried to cast out the devil, but were not successful. She was taken to a priest who started the exorcism, which then turned into a competition between him and the "minister. Each took a turn at it, with no good results coming from the "minister's" prayers. Finally the priest was successful with the "minister" admitting he had no success in casting the demon out.

I'm not sure but this story could be an embelishment on the Hugenot girl possessed by Beelzabub. I'm not sure, because I couldn't find the source. 

This may have somethingto do with the limited success for the Protestants;

Mark 9: 37-40

[37] John answered him, saying: Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, who followeth not us, and we forbade him. [38] But Jesus said: Do not forbid him. For there is no man that doth a miracle in my name, and can soon speak ill of me. [39] For he that is not against you, is for you. [40] For whosoever shall give you to drink a cup of water in my name, because you belong to Christ: amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

tim

Here is a video purported of a Protestant doing "deliverance" and allegedly gets beaten up
(Disclosure: i have not watched it nor do i plan to- is this even kosher to post?)

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1...703750/pg1
Well, except for the most fringe groups, Protestants are Baptized Christians, which gives a certain level of power against demons.  Not much, and as has been noted, when push comes to shove a lot of pastors will refer parishioners to Catholic priests.

The Orthodox are a more interesting question.  Apparently, in Egypt the Muslims all know that if you have a demon, you go to a Coptic priest because they have power over demons.
Anyone have sources on this idea that prots, and even muslims, send their people to Catholic priests for exorcisms?

Honestly I have a hard time believing that they would admit to themselves, let alone to other people, that a Catholic priest has more power over demons.  Anyone admitting that might as well admit the Catholic Church is the True Church.
(01-19-2012, 03:41 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have sources on this idea that prots, and even muslims, send their people to Catholic priests for exorcisms?

Honestly I have a hard time believing that they would admit to themselves, let alone to other people, that a Catholic priest has more power over demons.  Anyone admitting that might as well admit the Catholic Church is the True Church.

YES, OF COURSE.
But the catholics are despised in prot countries and the coptic churches are put ablaze in Egypt.
So goes the world...
(01-19-2012, 03:05 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2012, 01:02 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]It's also worth considering the fact that demons are, of course, tricksters and liars.  They may pretend to be thwarted by a Protestant so as to steal souls away from the Church and to keep them in heresy.

It's certainly a possibility. However, keep in mind that that's a self-serving sort of logic which some Protestants themselves use to explain the effectiveness of Catholic exorcism.

Yeah, but the difference is that I know they're wrong and we're right.

:grin:

As an aside...  Is it just me or is  :grin: kind of FE's version of [Image: avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png] ?
(01-19-2012, 10:58 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Let me try a different theological point, where a Protestant exorcism attempt probably makes demons yawn.
In Genesis 3:15, God the Father puts an eternal hatred between Satan and TWO beings.
The Woman and the Seed.
Not just the Woman.
And not just the Seed.
Protestants aid Lucifer greatly, by turning their backs on the Woman.
The Virgin IS 50% of Satan's great adversary in Genesis 3:15.
She is HALF of the equation.
Jesus AND Mary.
Protestants bring Jesus into exorcisms, but NEVER Mary. And that's a huge relief to any demons wishing to possess a human body.
Protestants bring their vile attitude of the Holy Virgin with them wherever they go, so an exorcism with a King James version bible and no consideration of Mary is quite comforting for any Hell-sent warlock................................................................

[Image: 2291088760_a69ed49a92.jpg]

Yes. This topic came up on another forum that I frequent. Fr. Amorth said that the devil is more afraid of the Blessed Virgin Mary than even Our Lord (5:42). Because he's more humiliated by being defeated by a "mere creature".

http://www.h2onews.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224450406
The Exorcist movie which is based on facts, has the Lutheran vicar sending them to the Catholic Church for a priest.  I think when push comes to shove today Protestants know this to be true.

tim
(01-19-2012, 05:49 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]The Exorcist movie which is based on facts, has the Lutheran vicar sending them to the Catholic Church for a priest.  I think when push comes to shove today Protestants know this to be true.

tim

I would really love to hear this from an actual protestant minister though.  And then I would like to write him and ask him why, if he does this, he doesn't come into the Catholic Church.
(01-19-2012, 03:41 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have sources on this idea that prots, and even muslims, send their people to Catholic priests for exorcisms?

I don't have any solid evidence, but I have watched a lot of tv about this sort of stuff in my day, and it seems that as often as not, in tv shows about real life possessions or poltergeist type hauntings of a house, a Protestant who is unsuccessful will have a Catholic priest brought in.
(01-19-2012, 05:56 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have any solid evidence, but I have watched a lot of tv about this sort of stuff in my day, and it seems that as often as not, in tv shows about real life possessions or poltergeist type hauntings of a house, a Protestant who is unsuccessful will have a Catholic priest brought in.

I suppose it is entirely possible that on one, buried, level the Protestant knows to go to a priest, but psychologically he can sort of isolate this from his allegiance to his Protestant group/beliefs.

I would hope that honest Protestants who got into spiritual warfare and saw that Catholic priests were really needed for this would convert, at least.  I wonder if such experiences are the basis of any conversion stories that have been written.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6