FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Protestant Exorcisms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(01-19-2012, 05:49 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I think when push comes to shove today Protestants know this to be true.

tim
Ahhh..........the power of Holy Orders. If people only KNEW what exactly Holy Orders were.........
[Image: presbord2011_gt_a051.jpg]
(01-19-2012, 05:59 PM)SaintAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2012, 05:49 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I think when push comes to shove today Protestants know this to be true.

tim
Ahhh..........the power of Holy Orders. If people only KNEW what exactly Holy Orders were.........

I'm not sure if you mean something by the picture ... or did you just pick a random example of an ordination?
Yeah, just a random ordination. Where a mere creature is given something from Jesus Christ Himself. Which changes the game when it comes to the power to battle demons.
If I could get my Prot friends to sit down and just CONSIDER what Holy Orders really were, they'd convert...............................

tim

Our pastor gave a complete sermon on exorcism one time when the gospel was about casting them out. I'm trying to remember all he told us, but it's been several years. He said it was a charism given to some by the Sacrament of Holy Orders. He also said that it was dangerous, that one should NEVER do this without the blessing of his Bishop.

It involves days of fasting & prayer before the exorcisms & Sacramentals, especially the rosary & Holy Water are effective DURING it. One of these articles, the rosary, as Tim said..........well, a Protestant minister wouldn't use that. I agree that both Mary & the Trinity are involved in casting out demons. Father told us that the priest doing a successful exorcism usually is physically attacked by articles in the room. He also told us that there are approximately 5000 cases of "possession" reported to the Vatican each year & approximately ONE is truly a case of possession by demons. There, however, is that one.
(01-19-2012, 06:49 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]

tim

Our pastor gave a complete sermon on exorcism one time when the gospel was about casting them out. I'm trying to remember all he told us, but it's been several years. He said it was a charism given to some by the Sacrament of Holy Orders. He also said that it was dangerous, that one should NEVER do this without the blessing of his Bishop.

It involves days of fasting & prayer before the exorcisms & Sacramentals, especially the rosary & Holy Water are effective DURING it. One of these articles, the rosary, as Tim said..........well, a Protestant minister wouldn't use that. I agree that both Mary & the Trinity are involved in casting out demons. Father told us that the priest doing a successful exorcism usually is physically attacked by articles in the room. He also told us that there are approximately 5000 cases of "possession" reported to the Vatican each year & approximately ONE is truly a case of possession by demons. There, however, is that one.
So sorry, I didn't mean to post that message twice. The internet has not been nice to me for two days.
(01-19-2012, 06:49 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ] He also told us that there are approximately 5000 cases of "possession" reported to the Vatican each year & approximately ONE is truly a case of possession by demons. There, however, is that one.

Fr. Amroth said many bishops and priests don't believe in the devil anymore. Even exorcists write it off as psychological problems sometimes.
(01-19-2012, 07:00 PM)dueSicile Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2012, 06:49 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ] He also told us that there are approximately 5000 cases of "possession" reported to the Vatican each year & approximately ONE is truly a case of possession by demons. There, however, is that one.

Fr. Amroth said many bishops and priests don't believe in the devil anymore. Even exorcists write it off as psychological problems sometimes.

This begs the question: do you have to believe in the power of exorcism to do what it's supposed to...in order to do one?
(01-19-2012, 07:24 PM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]

This begs the question: do you have to believe in the power of exorcism to do what it's supposed to...in order to do one?

Anyone who does not believe in Satan & his powers should study the case of Roland (Robbie) Doe. This happened in St. Louis in the state which is my home. It went on for months I'm told:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...030AAmj7W8

PS. Father said that the devil usually tries to possess someone who "has opened the door" for him. In the case of Robbie Doe, it was his aunt.
(01-19-2012, 07:24 PM)Norbert Wrote: [ -> ]

You have to have a lot of faith that Christ has your back and that His power will trump that of the demon whom you are fighting.  It is a real battle between good and evil, and someone who doesn't believe in demons couldn't even begin to have the courage to stand up to them, much less continue on fighting the enemy for hours, and perhaps days, weeks, or months, on end.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6