FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The latest from my catholic peers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 395205_10150500972618780_667203779_87768...7852_n.jpg]

So, there's what 15 of my NO peers and counting have "liked" on facebook in the last two hours after being posted by a NO twenty something...my comment was "yes, straight people suck at marriage, so we should sanctify dudes sticking it in each other.  Simply incredible".

I am too mad to speak right now.
This is precisely why the servants of the devil have worked so hard to drag all of society into the cess pool in which we find ourselves.

This is the end game.

Where they can simply counter anyone pointing out their immorality with this type of arguement.

We can't let them define the terms of the debate in this manner.

It's not just that some men and women fail at marriage.

We must, if we are to debate, introduce them, at least in a limited manner, to the Truth.

Man is fallen and strongly inclined to fall into sin.

God's Law is meant to free us from the shackles of sin and enable us, through His Grace, to be the best we are capable of being.

I have a terrible time with a lack of meekness and patience myself, so I don't envy you. I find taking a break before responding can help though.
Look Norb, the way I see it, is there is a question. That is, does one BELIEVE the Bible is the Word of God.

And if you don't, then gay marriage is cool

If you DO believe the Bible is [i]DIVINE[/i], then you cannot allow yourself to condone marriage outside of the male/female unit.

It's really simple. The world wants gay marriage, even at the expense of God's Word...............................sad.............

Your friends have a weak understanding of God and what He says about this issue.......it sound like they could care less, actually.
I think the point of the ad is that people who are married and who behave the way Newt Gingrich and Britney Spears and the others do are making it worse, because they are doing things that any of us might be tempted to do, i.e. not keep our promises to God and our spouse.  They are making it seem like it is "all right" to commit adultery or get divorced.

On the other hand, gays getting married are not doing something that most of us are tempted to do.  I can't imagine a normal heterosexual even wanting to have homosexual sex, except maybe in some kind of weird experimentation, perhaps in the same way that someone might be tempted to try LSD or race cars while drunk or get tasered to see what it feels like.  A man who is attracted to women in the the normal way is not going to want to commit his life to a permanent exclusive sexual relationship with another man!!
You spoke my mind. I decided to seperate myself from most of my peers for the sake of my own sanity and the length of their life Grin . Really though I cant be bothered with it anymore, if someone I'm talking to or hanging around with gives in to this stupidity I just dont bother with them until theyre at least open to looking into how dumb these trends are. I'll tell you this; I'm happier, but it would be a lot easier if I didn't care so much about these folks who give me the red-ass.
There is a lot of truth in that image.

Sometimes we act as if gay marriage is the first real challenge we are facing, the first real threat to Holy Matrimony.  It's not.

We have premarital sex, adultery, contraception, and divorce to answer for.  All of these were destroying Holy Matrimony before the push for "gay marriage."

THAT's the error in the image.  The image implies "the above are fine, but you are against gay marriage?"  The answer is, "they are all evil.  Live chastely.  If you are married, be faithful unto death."
(01-20-2012, 02:01 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]There is a lot of truth in that image.

Sometimes we act as if gay marriage is the first real challenge we are facing, the first real threat to Holy Matrimony.  It's not.

We have premarital sex, adultery, contraception, and divorce to answer for.  All of these were destroying Holy Matrimony before the push for "gay marriage."

THAT's the error in the image.  The image implies "the above are fine, but you are against gay marriage?"  The answer is, "they are all evil.  Live chastely.  If you are married, be faithful unto death."

This.
(01-20-2012, 04:05 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2012, 02:01 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]There is a lot of truth in that image.

This.

I second your "this."
(01-20-2012, 11:28 AM)SaintAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Look Norb, the way I see it, is there is a question. That is, does one BELIEVE the Bible is the Word of God.

And if you don't, then gay marriage is cool

If you DO believe the Bible is [i]DIVINE[/i], then you cannot allow yourself to condone marriage outside of the male/female unit.

It's really simple. The world wants gay marriage, even at the expense of God's Word...............................sad.............

Your friends have a weak understanding of God and what He says about this issue.......it sound like they could care less, actually.

Well put, Andrew, but I would add that if one believes in natural law they can see very much how gay marriage is a very, very bad idea and that gay sex has no foundation in being natural or good.  This actually makes the situation worse because not only are people not religious, they advocate that which can be discovered to be wrong and dangerous even when there are very good "non-religious" reasons why they shouldn't.
These " So-Called Catholics" will be spending eternity in Hell with these gay activist's if they both don't repent before death swallows them up!!!
Pages: 1 2