FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Strange Times: Cardinal Mahony Issues Stark Rebuke of Obama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's getting eerie.  Cardinal Mahony is urging we fight the Obama HHS declaration that we all have to purchase abortion and birth control services.

Quote:And I cannot imagine a more direct and frontal attack on freedom of conscience than this ruling today. This decision must be fought against with all the energies the Catholic Community can muster.For full information on this issue, please go to the website of the U.S. Catholic Bishops: http://www.usccb.org/news/2012/12-013.cfm

For me there is no other fundamental issue as important as this one as we enter into the Presidential and Congressional campaigns. Every candidate must be pressed to declare his/her position on all of the fundamental life issues, especially the role of government to determine what conscience decision must be followed: either the person's own moral and conscience decision, or that dictated/enforced by the Federal government. For me the answer is clear: we stand with our moral principles and heritage over the centuries, not what a particular Federal government agency determines.

http://cardinalrogermahonyblogsla.blogsp...e-for.html
I hope it is because he's just trying to be a good prince of the church, or maybe a prodigal son now striving for perfection.  I grew up in his archdiocese, and can't help being...cynical.  On the other hand, he's just a guy, full of good and bad and contradictions etc.  What's that about broken clocks?
I gotta give credit where credit is due.
(01-24-2012, 10:05 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta give credit where credit is due.
Same.
I didn't recognize it as him. If only he was like that before retirement.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Maybe the ghost from Christmas future paid him a visit?
It's like a dead beat dad deciding to be a father to his 50 year old kids.
The Cardinal has always been pro-life, and vocal about it in a city that is very pro-abortion.  I'm not surprised by his statement.
Thank you Cardinal Mahony. Wha would be grand is if the USCCB declared that Catholics do not have to obey this Law because it is Unjust.

Imagine Obama then. The full weight of the American Bishops and the flock squarely opposing him to his face. Then imagine all of the phoney Catholic Politicos running for cover. Delicious. It might give the Bishops the courage to say the two words which apply to these phoney Catholic Politicos in both parties,
"Anathema sit".

tim
Pages: 1 2