FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Excellent series of Charles Coulombe lectures available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That explains the Brahman Bostonian Massachusetts accent.

thanks,
tim
(01-29-2012, 12:09 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Gerard, I have a question. He seems once and awhile to drop into a accent similar to the Brahmans of Boston. He also vaguely sounds like he's Australian at times. These are impressions, but is he a natural born American ?  I listened to the first four, and he's good.

tim

I can't say for sure, but I have heard him say that he was born in New York and his family comes down from French speaking Canada.  He stated in one series that French is his first language. Got him into trouble in school when they were mistranslating "Dominique" and ignoring a verse about crushing heresy or something similar. 

Download ALL the files!
Thanks for the link, these talks are great!

I downloaded all of them and put them on my phone.  Ive been listening to them at work.  Very entertaining and I learned alot.
I just wish there were more...

Luke
They are wonderful. I laughed, and learned. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of the NO versus TLM tapes being converted? It'd take me a bit to come up with a suitable sum to buy them, but I'd love to hear them. I'm very impressed with these. For that matter, I think it'd be great if Mr. Coulombe and Mr. Biersach made more.
(08-05-2012, 04:48 PM)dahveed Wrote: [ -> ]They are wonderful. I laughed, and learned. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of the NO versus TLM tapes being converted? It'd take me a bit to come up with a suitable sum to buy them, but I'd love to hear them. I'm very impressed with these. For that matter, I think it'd be great if Mr. Coulombe and Mr. Biersach made more.

I know that the Catholic Treasures website offers them on casette for 75 USD.  In my mind, that is more than a fair price for them, but I won't buy them (at least, I'll hold out a little longer) because I'd MUCH prefer to have digital copies that I could listen to on the computer or put on an mp3 player.  Casette doesn't really do it for me.
Pages: 1 2 3