FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Excellent series of Charles Coulombe lectures available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tumblar House now has some excellent Charles Coulombe lectures on their audio site.  I just started listening to them and the first one so far is excellent.  Big, broad issues that are great for remembering and bringing up when you are looking for the "hook" that will capture the attention of  friends and family who have been thoroughly secularized or have a watered down faith.

From the site:

http://www.tumblarhouse.com/audio.php

These are powerful lectures by Charles Coulombe which cover a wide range of topics ranging from metaphysics, to the characteristics of God, to His relationship and interactions with His creation.
Part 1: God and Reality
Part 2: Creation
Part 3: Dawn of History
Part 4: God in History
Thanks
Gerard: YES!!  I've linked to Tumblarhouse in the past, and to the fireside chats.  They are fantastic and seriously entertaining.  On many occassions I have listened to him and Biersach and found myself rolling with laughter and learning a hell of a lot.  I recommend also to anyone who isn't familiar, there are many talks available for FREE on tumblarhouse besides the one's that Gerard mentioned.

Gerard- any idea where to get mp3's of Coulombe and Biersach's talk juxtaposing the NO with the TLM?  The only thing I've ever found is the cassettes online at Catholic Tresures for 75 dollars.  I actually wouldn't mind paying that much for them, but I want a format that I can have on my computer.  I'd probably pay 200 for those talks, if they're anything like the fireside chats.

Thanks for listing these new ones.  Very excited!
(01-26-2012, 05:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Gerard- any idea where to get mp3's of Coulombe and Biersach's talk juxtaposing the NO with the TLM?  The only thing I've ever found is the cassettes online at Catholic Tresures for 75 dollars.  I actually wouldn't mind paying that much for them, but I want a format that I can have on my computer.  I'd probably pay 200 for those talks, if they're anything like the fireside chats.

In a recent e-mail back and forth with Mr. Frankini at Tumblar House, I asked about that series and they are mulling the possibility of putting them up.  It's a big project to convert them to digital format, so it's a lot of up front investment.  But I was very encouraging for them to do so, and suggested it be done  in installments so people can digest all the information over a longer period of time.  Not a lot of people are able to commit 17 hours as a listening project, but if they were to get an hour or two a week or a month, it would be well within people's capabilities and REALLY put the "TLM vs. Novus Ordo is only a personal preference" crowd on the ropes.

Not to oversell it, but that series could be instrumental in speeding the retirement of the Novus Ordo.  I would bet that many priests listening to it, would renounce the New Mass and push to use the TLM as either a or the exclusive rite of their parishes. 
(01-26-2012, 07:05 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2012, 05:56 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Gerard- any idea where to get mp3's of Coulombe and Biersach's talk juxtaposing the NO with the TLM?  The only thing I've ever found is the cassettes online at Catholic Tresures for 75 dollars.  I actually wouldn't mind paying that much for them, but I want a format that I can have on my computer.  I'd probably pay 200 for those talks, if they're anything like the fireside chats.

In a recent e-mail back and forth with Mr. Frankini at Tumblar House, I asked about that series and they are mulling the possibility of putting them up.  It's a big project to convert them to digital format, so it's a lot of up front investment.  But I was very encouraging for them to do so, and suggested it be done  in installments so people can digest all the information over a longer period of time.  Not a lot of people are able to commit 17 hours as a listening project, but if they were to get an hour or two a week or a month, it would be well within people's capabilities and REALLY put the "TLM vs. Novus Ordo is only a personal preference" crowd on the ropes.

Not to oversell it, but that series could be instrumental in speeding the retirement of the Novus Ordo.  I would bet that many priests listening to it, would renounce the New Mass and push to use the TLM as either a or the exclusive rite of their parishes. 

That is encouraging news, indeed.  Do keep us posted, in case this becomes an actuality.  I was in the habit of checking Tumblarhouse every couple of weeks but now I'm checking it monthly-bi monthly for new material.  It took me probably a good month but I think closer to two to really go through fireside chats, and I've listened to them over and over again.  Have you heard their talk on the the mass?  In all the looking I've done, it appears that the only source for it was the one I mentioned. 
(01-26-2012, 07:14 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]That is encouraging news, indeed.  Do keep us posted, in case this becomes an actuality.  I was in the habit of checking Tumblarhouse every couple of weeks but now I'm checking it monthly-bi monthly for new material.  It took me probably a good month but I think closer to two to really go through fireside chats, and I've listened to them over and over again.  Have you heard their talk on the the mass?  In all the looking I've done, it appears that the only source for it was the one I mentioned. 

The Mass series is excellent.  Side by side comparisons of the missals in Latin and English, the words themselves analyzed, the gestures, the symbolism and the effects of the changes. The Q & A with the attendees was both informative and charming in some cases.  I listened to it as part of my exercise routine, one tape each day.  Back when cassettes were still common.  Smile  By the time you get through, you're healthier mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually
Coulombe sounds really young in the one I am listening to right now.
Shocked I didn't know about that site! Thanks for posting!
(01-27-2012, 01:32 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Coulombe sounds really young in the one I am listening to right now.
This was Coloumbe 20 years ago. A lot slimmer too.
[Image: coulombe_resized.jpg]
I guess everyone's voice drops as they age. I'm enjoying his talk on Jansenism right now.
Pages: 1 2 3