FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: German Jesuit: Jesus Was Blasphemous to the Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
German Jesuit: Jesus Was Blasphemous to the Core

[Image: 34894.jpg]
A few days ago the Diocese decided to respond to the blasphemous play, Golgotha Picnic, so they sent a Jesuit.  What are you complaining about?  Even Jesus committed blasphemy, said the Jesuit.

Yesterday the theater piece "Golgotha Picnic" was performed -- at its conclusion a sanguine Jesuit Priest, Breulmann said:  Even Jesus had as his last words, "My God why hast thou forsaken me" which is at its core, blasphemous.

Hamburg (kath.net / CBA / red) On Monday evening in Hamburg, the controversial play "Golgotha Picnic" was performed in Germany. The SSPX has previously called for protests yesterday evening and had also called for a vigil outside the theater. According to the CBA the protest was attended by about 20 people, according to the "Star" magazine, there were 60 participants. Following the play there was a panel discussion at which the ministers who attended, a Catholic school rector, Jesuit, Father Hermann Breul.

He was "neither amused nor shocked, but thoughtful," said the degreed philosopher of religion. "It was strong stuff, but I have found points where I can say, this piece has something." It raises questions and has an >>intensely deep grammar<<. If you have read Nietzsche, not all of its alienation from God is strange, said Breulmann. Actually it poses a question about all freedom of art, if the aesthetic of the piece has crossed any borders. I would not, however, characterize the play as blasphemous. "I would have thought that the Good Lord would have let things be cool," said the elderly Jesuit. Breulman, not wanting to associate himself with the criticisms of the protesters said: even Jesus said with his last words, "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" which in its core would have been blasphemous.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/
You know the Psalms were not numbered for quite awhile. Certainly not during the time of the Crucifixion.

Either way, the Chief Priests and Pharisees came to the Cross. They said, "he saved others, now let us see him save himself".

"Come down from the Cross and we will believe".

To which Christ said the opening verse to Psalm 21. A Psalm they surely would know. As our Lord hung on the Cross and could barely breathe from the slow aphexiation, he did manage to utter the first words of that Psalm. "My God, My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?".

I guess it would have been easier if He had just replied to them, "Psalm 21".

Hardly blasphemy. When will this stuff end?

(01-27-2012, 01:56 AM)Tapatio Wrote: [ -> ]German Jesuit: Jesus Was Blasphemous to the Core

[Image: 34894.jpg]
A few days ago the Diocese decided to respond to the blasphemous play, Golgotha Picnic, so they sent a Jesuit.  What are you complaining about?  Even Jesus committed blasphemy, said the Jesuit.

Yesterday the theater piece "Golgotha Picnic" was performed -- at its conclusion a sanguine Jesuit Priest, Breulmann said:  Even Jesus had as his last words, "My God why hast thou forsaken me" which is at its core, blasphemous.....
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/

This is truly vile.

However, to "give the devil his due(literally and figuratively)," he didn't say Christ was blasphemous to the core as both your headline as well as the blog quoted assert. Rather, he said a statement made by Christ was blasphemous. Idiotic and disgusting? Absolutely; but, if this imbecile was quoted accurately, both you and the blog are inaccurate.

Still, both are to be commended for posting this. Thank you.

My Alma Mater is St. Louis University, so I am quite familiar with moronic statements made by Jesuits.  :eyeroll:
The Son of the Eternal Father CANNOT blaspheme. He never did because he was with the Holy Ghost
This whole picture is wrong:

A smug cleric sporting a business casual ensemble is called in to defend a disgusting play and, in the process, weaves various post-modern buzzwords and styles to conclude that Christ's words were 'blasphemous at the core.'

Is seminary education that deluded that Jesus's quotation of Psalm 21 is lost on the moderns?  Or, instead might this be willfull ignorance.

How can one not question the validity of such a cleric?  Dresses like a layman? Check.  Attacks the Faith? Check.  Uses the lexicon of the enemy?  Check
Every week some cleric says something even dumber.
As we speak, the presidents of Georgetown, Notre Dame, Boston College, Villanova and St. John's are battling it out to get the fine German Jesuit to come to America and lecture on the faith............. :puke: