FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: please read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I normally wouldn't post something like this, but for everyone's edification I thought I would.  So here goes...

Yesterday I was in the parking lot after leaving church, and noticed there was a deputy parked near the rectory.  I had just left after serving, and I didn't notice anything happening, and my father had gone to see what was up, so I went home in my car.  My parents came home later and here's what happpened. 

There was a 911 call from the rectory during mass.  Now, no one lives in the rectory, and its locked, so no one was in there.  My dad went and checked an no one was in there.  The phone wasn't even working; it was all static.  However, the interesting thing is the mass that day was offered for our deacon who passed away little over a year ago.  He died of a heart attack in the same rectory, and the phone was found off the hook, trying to call 911. 

So, my message is, pray for the souls in purgatory!  Their sufferings there are far more than the sufferings of those on earth, and God in His mercy reminds of this occasionally.
That's strange  ???
Fifty years ago, my mother, grandmother, aunts, and all of their women friends would believe this and never question it. It would become a story used for effect when someone said something foolish about purgatory.

tim
This thread needs a better title.

It should probably also be in the Oratory thread.
(01-30-2012, 01:36 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Fifty years ago, my mother, grandmother, aunts, and all of their women friends would believe this and never question it. It would become a story used for effect when someone said something foolish about purgatory.

tim

To me it sounds like 50 years ago people had a little more faith and common sense.
(01-30-2012, 01:58 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]This thread needs a better title.

I posted this not so much as a request for prayers as a reminder for the poor souls.
(01-30-2012, 02:36 PM)drummerboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2012, 01:58 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]This thread needs a better title.

I posted this not so much as a request for prayers as a reminder for the poor souls.

And God bless you for doing so. We all need to pray more for them.

When my mom died years ago, the business phone in the kitchen, which she always answered, rang 1 ring at the same time every morning, 7am, for a long time. 1 ring, and if you caught it, no one there. this went on for about a year.
When my grandmother's mother died, they moved her personal things out of the place where she had been living.  Her telephone began to ring while they were driving her things in the car.  My grandmother answered but there was no one there, however, my grandmother had been convinced that it was her mother.
One time on Ghost Hunters, the place they were investigating had no phone service or electricity. There was no wireless or anything like that. The phone wires were completely disconnected from the pole but yet the local police station kept getting 911 calls from this place. Strange indeed.

(01-30-2012, 12:13 PM)drummerboy Wrote: [ -> ]There was a 911 call from the rectory during mass.

Every call to 911 is recorded.  I would like to hear what the caller said before concluding that this was a preternatural event.

Even if it was a preternatural event, I would be very reluctant to take anything at face value.  The demons are like chess grandmasters.  Something like this could easily be bait.  Once you become receptive to the very notion of this kind of communication, they have something to work on.

Caveat.
Pages: 1 2