FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Invalid vs. Illicit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Our new priest skips around with the specific parts of the Mass and INTERMINGLES the new translation with the "old." He leaves out the Kyrie, Gloria, readings (not the Gospel or his 30 minute homily on himself), The Creed....whenever he feels like it. He has joked, "I like to mix things up a bit. Spontaniety is what I am about."

Aside from his being CRAZY and most likely not fit for the priesthood....what ARE his Masses? (I know a perfect exame of the V2 mess). Illicit or invalid?

Thanks,
Elizabeth
Probably both.  What the priest does illicitly has the potential to invalidate the mass you attend.
This website goes into detail into what invalidates the mass and what is illicit: http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/articles/badliturgy.htm

As long as the priest didn't mess around with the consecration the mass should be valid.  The NO gives priests a lot of options so some of the stuff he did might not have been illicit, although some definitely are. 

You would probobly be wise to find a better place to assist at mass. 
Consider documenting what this priest is doing and reporting him to your bishop. 
I think the best thing to do is just tell him that what he's doing is bad (have someone with you if you're scared to approach him).  OR you can always send him a letter but make sure to sign your name on it.  tell him where he errs and that A LOT of the faithful are being scandalised by his horrible decisions.  if he doesn't do anything send a copy of the letter you wrote to him to the bishop along with complaints to the bishop.  That ought to straighten things out and make sure to pray to his guardian angel and to Our Lord. I think the best time to is when the priest raises Our Lord during the elevation say "Lord, convert his heart" or something to that effect
(01-30-2012, 02:52 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]Consider documenting what this priest is doing and reporting him to your bishop. 

Talk to him in person before going over his head.
Find out what he is drinking and give a case of it to your best friends.
[sorry Mr Lincoln]
(01-30-2012, 11:59 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2012, 02:52 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]Consider documenting what this priest is doing and reporting him to your bishop. 

Talk to him in person before going over his head.
:w2go:
He sometimes leaves out the Kyrie, Gloria, readings, and the Creed?!?  Wow.  You need to get in touch with your bishop ASAP.
What do you expect? It's the Novus Ordo.
Pages: 1 2