FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: another vocation question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of you may remember me asking something like this before, but here goes.  Is there any reason for me to think that I will not be considered for entrance into a traditional seminary, such as the ICK or FSSP, given I am diabetic?  I know religious orders usually won't take them, but seminarians don't take the vow of poverty.

And does anyone have experience with this book: http://www.amazon.com/Religious-Vocation-Unnecessary-Richard-Butler/dp/0895558238/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327974987&sr=1-1
You find a richie rich willing to sponsor you and cover your tuition plus health insurance of course they'll take you.  Money talks, as Neil Diamond reminds us.  (But it don't sing and dance and it don't walk)
never mind
Well don't give up on my account.  I thought I'd give the answer no one else would.  That seminary in Nebraska didn't just appear in a corn field by divine fiat.  It took money.  It opens a lot of doors.

Of course, the one way to find out for sure is to contact the FSSP seminary.  I think they might even have e-mail.  Tip o' the hat
Oh no, I'm not giving up.  I erased something else I wrote in that post.  Don't ask why, I get funny ideas at times.

My mother has said they would fund me if I did decide to pursue this, so I"m covered.  I guess contacting the actual seminary is the next step.
I'm very sure that being diabetic isn't an impediment to entering a seminary.

Having the aids or the cancer would be something to stop them from considering you, I'm sure
Health can be an impediment, but I know there are many diabetic priests and no doubt diabetic seminarians.  As long as you have your diabetes under control, I don't see why this would be an issue. 
(01-30-2012, 10:04 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]You find a richie rich willing to sponsor you and cover your tuition plus health insurance of course they'll take you.  Money talks, as Neil Diamond reminds us.

This, unfortunately.

Money is all you need to be accepted.
Another of my worries though is if I'm going to be singled out because of the diabetes.  I already keep it hidden (nobody at school knows I have it), so am I going to be somewhat ostracized becuase of this?  Am I going to be a nuisance?
(01-30-2012, 11:53 PM)drummerboy Wrote: [ -> ]Another of my worries though is if I'm going to be singled out because of the diabetes.  I already keep it hidden (nobody at school knows I have it), so am I going to be somewhat ostracized becuase of this?  Am I going to be a nuisance?

You've got to be honest with them. Tell them right away of your condition and what it takes to manage it.

Diabetes is not an impediment if you can control them.
Pages: 1 2 3