FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: CDF rejects SSPX second response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
This news according to "I. Media"?? I'll wait to hear from the Vatican or SSPX on the news.

-Restituo
(02-01-2012, 08:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly, what is there to discuss with people who find Luther a "great witness of the faith"?

And who also believe that today's Protestants are not heretics, that Protestantism itself has made an important contribution to the realization of the Christian faith, and that it has fulfilled a positive function in the development of the Christian message...

:pray:  May the Lord deign to cure my pessimism and fill me with a confident hope that His will will be infallibly accomplished.
(02-02-2012, 02:31 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2012, 08:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly, what is there to discuss with people who find Luther a "great witness of the faith"?

And who also believe that today's Protestants are not heretics, that Protestantism itself has made an important contribution to the realization of the Christian faith, and that it has fulfilled a positive function in the development of the Christian message...

Ha, no kidding.
(02-02-2012, 03:33 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2012, 02:31 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]

Ha, no kidding.

Of course they have, so have the proto-protestants and all early heretics they have all contributed positively towards the development of the Christian message. Without them we would not know the lies and tricks of Satan from the narrow road of the Lord. It is thanks to the repudiation of these that the Church points straight to Jesus Christ amid the fog of heresy.
The Holy Father lifted the excommunications and liberalised the Traditional Mass without having recourse to the Curia, so hopefully he will also regularise the SSPX despite the CDF findings. I was able to watch a little bit of the Christmas Mass from St. Peter's square and, I've got to say, the lasting impression I got was that the Pope is very old, very sick, and seems incapable of doing much on his own. He also stuffed the words of consecration up in a recent Mass he celebrated...I hope that this issue is dealt with by him personally and not just delegated to prelates less friendly to Tradition.

I can understand the SSPX's hesitance in signing anything too quickly. They're dealing with the same Vatican that recently approved the NeoCat way and encourages charismatic "renewal". Last week's L'Osservatore Romano had multiple pages dedicated to the recent "Christian Unity" week and not one sentence mentioned that unity already exists in Christ's Church, and that the only way forward is for those who have left the triple unity of faith, worship, and government to return to the Church Christ founded. The last thing we want is for Tradition to become a side chapel in the new ecumenical church.
this is a bummer  :church:
(02-02-2012, 05:48 PM)Aragon Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing we want is for Tradition to become a side chapel in the new ecumenical church.

No matter what happens I think this is Pope Benedict's goal.
(02-02-2012, 05:48 PM)Aragon Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing we want is for Tradition to become a side chapel in the new ecumenical church.

THIS.

I pray daily for reunification with Rome, but it won't do the Church and the Faithful much good unless Rome first reunifies with tradition and the Church Triumphant.
(02-03-2012, 02:15 AM)sarahraphael Wrote: [ -> ]

THIS.

I pray daily for reunification with Rome, but it won't do the Church and the Faithful much good unless Rome first reunifies with tradition and the Church Triumphant.

:amen:
(02-03-2012, 02:15 AM)sarahraphael Wrote: [ -> ]I pray daily for reunification with Rome, but it won't do the Church and the Faithful much good unless Rome first reunifies with tradition and the Church Triumphant.

I never knew you were Eastern Orthodox?  And I'm not being funny.  Half the words spoken in this thread, and not just by yourself Sarah, could literally be copy-and-pasted word for word from an Eastern Orthodox discussion forum or apologetics site.

SaintSebastian posted this on another thread:

Quote:St. [sic] Symeon of Thessalonica (a 15th Orthodox century monk):

“One should not contradict the Latins when they say that the Bishop of Rome is the first. This primacy is not harmful to the Church. Let them only prove his faithfulness to the faith of Peter and to that of the successors of Peter. If this is so, let him enjoy all the privileges of pontiff...Let the Bishop of Rome be successor of the orthodoxy of Sylvester and Agatho, of Leo, Liberius, Martin and Gregory, then we also will call him Apostolic and the first among the other bishops; then we also will obey him, not only as Peter, but as the Saviour Himself" (Meyendorff, J., ed., the Primacy of Peter, 1992, SVSP: Crestwood, p. 86).

Your position is no different from the Orthodox position.  Yet they're in schism and if I dare use that word for you and your fellows I'd be hunted down on this forum for my "neo-con modernistic liberalism".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25