FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Monsanto has been driven out of the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Huge victory against GMOs as Monsanto driven out of the UK by consumer protests

"NaturalNews) A massive victory against Monsanto and genetically engineered seeds has been achieved in the United Kingdom today. Monsanto has announced a total withdrawal from the UK, shuttering its Cambridge-based wheat production operation. UK newspaper Daily Mail was instrumental in promoting opposition against Monsanto through its "Frankenstein Foods" educational campaign (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ts-Britain...).

The paper is now reporting that Monsanto plans to sell off GMO crop-breeding centers in France, Germany and the Czech Republic. Daily Mail reported, "...the company has given up hopes of introducing GM crops to Europe." (Are you grinning as wide as I am right now?)

The UK government, it turns out, was on the verge of announcing a finding that genetically engineered crops would "pollute the countryside for generations." Gee, ya think? I wonder why the USDA can't seem to come to the same scientific conclusion...

Bayer CropScience has also cancelled its planned GMO crop trials in the UK, signaling a near total collapse of agricultural imperialism in the UK."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034861_GMO_UK...z1lKGlY5R8
In other news, UK citizens distracted by wheat while their culture and morals fall apart around them and the UK puts up more cameras.

GMO is not an issue. "Patenting" food is.
(02-03-2012, 09:43 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]GMO is not an issue.

ignored for the foolishness that this so clearly represents

P.s.

This is the Health n food forum,not the culture and morals forum.Getit?
(02-03-2012, 09:51 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2012, 09:43 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]GMO is not an issue.

ignored for the foolishness that this so clearly represents

P.s.

This the Health n food forum,not the culture and morals forum.Getit?

It is a discussion forum. If you want to discuss why I wrote what I did, that would have been a good time to open a discussion.

Humans when interacting with nature and manipulating it (as humans have been doing since the beginning of the Fall), there have been many lessons in unintended consequences and certainly GMO has the potential, but it is not a given. I could go into more detail, but if all you want is to sit around and slap each other (whoever posts who is "acceptable" to you) on the back and all agree with each other and ignore anybody else who is clearly so "foolish" to be not worth the attention.

(02-03-2012, 10:00 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]It is a discussion forum. If you want to discuss why I wrote what I did, that would have been a good time to open a discussion.

Humans when interacting....

:blah:

Here we go again with the slippery backsliding and  nonsensical commentary.Your like the teacher in Charlie Brown as far as I'm concerned.Go and derail some place else .
(02-03-2012, 10:07 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: [ -> ]Here we go again with the slippery backsliding and  nonsensical commentary.Your like the teacher in Charlie Brown as far as I'm concerned.Go and derail some place else .

I do not think GMO is as particularly dangerous as people fear. What is so strange about that?

I am not derailing. You posted a news event and I commented on it. If you want to be alone, then you can go. I mean it. There is no reason to insult me and post such things.

And I did not derail. You did. You took a comment on the subject to go off on personal attacks. You could have just not posted anything and let other comment (if others are interested in this topic). You derailed it so you could engage in purposefully uncharitable behaviour.

(02-03-2012, 10:13 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]I am not derailing.

Oh yeah?  See below:

(02-03-2012, 10:13 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, UK citizens distracted by wheat while their culture and morals fall apart around them

I'm done with you here.Do something useful like boiling your head.
(02-03-2012, 10:19 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2012, 10:13 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]I am not derailing.

Oh yeah?  See below:

(02-03-2012, 10:13 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, UK citizens distracted by wheat while their culture and morals fall apart around them
That was based on the perceived "victory" against some evil threat to the nation as it was worded in your first post. You could have just ignored it or pointed out some real dangers of the products of this company.

Quote:I'm done with you here.Do something useful like boiling your head.
Good bye then.

And what I did I write about insulting me (or at least, trying to)?

Since you are done, I guess this thread can get past your derailment and childish insults and maybe get some real discussion on the topic going.

GM food can cause cancer

"The human health risks associated with genetically modified food have deliberately been underplayed. The 'scientific loudspeakers' of the GM industry have been so orchestrated that the moment you mention the health impact of the genetically altered foods, they pounce upon you like vultures. The reason is obvious: the financial stakes involved are so high that the industry is desperately trying to keep the food scare out of the ongoing debate.

The British Medical Association (BMA) efforts to stand up despite the industrial pressure is therefore laudable. The BMA has been relentlessly asking for more scientific studies to evaluate the long-term impacts on human health. For some strange reasons, in India and for that matter in other developing countries, the medical fraternity is woefully quiet on the health risks associated with GM foods. Perhaps the main reason being that the GM foods have still to be part of food menu in the developing world.

We present two reports, which warn against ignoring the health risks of GM foods.

1. GM expert warns of cancer risk from crops

http://www.sundayherald.com/29821

Demand for executive to ban crop trials until effects of GM food on health are studied

By Rob Edwards, Environment editor

EATING genetically modified (GM) food could give you cancer. That is the stark warning today from one of Scotland's leading experts in tissue diseases."

http://www.ghorganics.com/GM%20food%20ca...cancer.htm

Doomsday Seedbanks,GM food and the Global Depopulation Agenda

"...The fact is any significant tests of GM foods undertaken have shown  nasty impacts on the health of animals tested with such products and it seems as far as the FDA is concerned,ignorance is bliss.What we don't know can't hurt us.The problem is Science and the FDA  are probably fully aware of research in this area and the negative results discovered.

In the early 1990s, Dr. Arpad Pusztai was awarded a $3 million grant by the UK government to design the system for safety testing genetically modified organisms (GMOs). His team included more than 20 scientists working at three facilities, including the Rowett Institute in Aberdeen, Scotland, the top nutritional research lab in the UK, and his employer for the previous 35 years.

The results of Arpad Pusztai’s work were supposed to become the required testing protocols for all of Europe. But when he fed supposedly harmless GM potatoes to rats, things didn’t go as planned.
Within just 10 days, the animals developed potentially pre-cancerous cell growth, smaller brains, livers, and testicles, partially atrophied livers, and damaged immune systems
. Moreover, the cause was almost certainly side effects from the process of genetic engineering itself. In other words, the GM foods on the market, which are created from the same process, might have similar affects on humans...

...Irina Ermakova, a senior scientist at the Russian National Academy of Sciences, was shocked to discover that more than half of the baby rats in her experiment died within three weeks. She had fed the mothers GM soy flour purchased at a supermarket. The babies from mothers fed natural non-GMO soy, however, only suffered a 10% death rate. She repeated her experiment three times with similar results.

Dr. Ermakova reported her preliminary findings at a conference in October 2005, asking the scientific community to replicate her study. Instead, she was attacked and vilified. Her boss told her to stop doing anymore GM food research. Samples were stolen from her lab, and a paper was even set on fire on her desk. One of her colleagues tried to comfort her by saying, “Maybe the GM soy will solve the overpopulation problem.”

http://www.conversationwithcrombette.blo...lobal.html
(02-03-2012, 10:33 AM)su Wrote: [ -> ]I guess this thread can get past your derailment and childish insults and maybe get some real discussion on the topic going.

Your feigned interest and indignation is gag worthy.  What happened to the barfing smiley!?
Pages: 1 2 3