FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Obama an Anti-Christ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"An" antichrist, yes.

"The" antichrist, no.
"An" antichrist - probably.

"THE" Antichrist - according to Scripture there is no such thing (it only speaks of a spirit of antichrist and many antichrists).
As it stands, I agree with the consensus so far.  An, yes, the, no. 

It's worth mentioning, however, that the people you'd least expect it end up being reconciled with the Church.  Weishaupt started an organization that's entire goal has been to destroy everything that has been given to man, and he was reconciled, and he could surely be described as "an" anti-christ.

Which is why I say "as it stands."
(02-03-2012, 06:01 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]As it stands, I agree with the consensus so far.  An, yes, the, no. 

It's worth mentioning, however, that the people you'd least expect it end up being reconciled with the Church.  Weishaupt started an organization that's entire goal has been to destroy everything that has been given to man, and he was reconciled, and he could surely be described as "an" anti-christ.

Which is why I say "as it stands."

Excellent point.  I wonder how many 1st century Christians were wondering if Saul was an/the anti-Christ?
This guy desires to persecute the Church and to corrupt every aspect of the moral order of society....
[Image: 404947_3261704460254_1196469673_3504281_...2110_n.jpg]
We all know that Obama's morality is crap - but is he an antichrist?  By the Scriptural definition of the word - no, not really - that is, according to public knowledge anyway.  He has never publicly denied Christ, and that is what Scripture states as the defining condition of being an antichrist.  But, we don't know what his personal beliefs are, and he could truly be an antichrist privately.  His viewpoints lend to the strong possibility of him being an antichrist, but all that we really know about Obama is that he is immoral while he simultaneously claims to be a Christian, albeit a heretic.  His claimed "Christianity" could merely be a charade meant to ensure a strong constituency since a declared atheist would be highly unlikely to gain the highest public office of the land.
I found this video a little while back, but I haven't done the research myself to prove or disprove its claims.  Either way, I thought it was fitting for this thread and see where it goes  :grin:

Aren't all politicians?
:LOL: I suppose it went where it had to go: NOWHERE!
@ salus and catholicschoolmom,

You both make an excellent point in highlighting Barack Hussein Obama's most recent act of blasphemy which only continues his well-known habit of aggrandizing himself by, among other unholy acts, profaning the name of Almighty God.  What else other than blasphemy could one call his use of our Lord's name to justify his depredations against the Christian faith under the guise of equitable taxation?  I had the distinct impression that he was even consciously comparing himself with Jesus Christ in his speech, so the more does his sin of blasphemy cry out to heaven for vengeance.  Salus, no, he is not a Protestant and it is not true that he might be a Muslim.  He is in fact a Muslim, at least according to Islamic law.  I consider that, like a Freemason pledged to secrecy, Obama remains a publicly unacknowledged Muslim in this country.  His objective in violating the freedom of conscience guaranteed by the First Amendment in his recently released HHS regulations is not merely a direct attack on Catholics but rather an overt declaration of "jihad," or holy war unto death, against the Christian faith itself.

Barack Hussein Obama is an apostate Muslim ("murtadd") under Islamic law.  As the noted Middle Eastern scholar, Prof. Daniel Pipes, summarizes it on his blog:

Barack Obama's father was Muslim and therefore, according to
            Islamic law, so is [he]. In spite of the Quranic verses explaining
            that there is no compulsion in religion, a Muslim child takes the
            religion of his or her father. … for Muslims around the world,
            non-American Muslims at any rate, they can only ever see
            Barack Hussein Obama as a Muslim. ...

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what
            Islamic law calls a 'murtadd' (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted
            to another religion who must be executed.

Even though Obama's natural father, Barack Obama, Sr. of Kenya, was a non-practicing Muslim, he never formally renounced his Muslim faith.  He would have had to have done so prior to the age of 18 for such a renunciation to be effective under Islamic teaching.  His Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was a practicing Muslim who took his stepson regularly to mosque for worship services.  Barack Hussein Obama did not formally disavow Islam prior to attaining the age of 18 either.  In addition, Barack Obama [Jr.] was listed as Muslim in his Indonesian school records.  It is indisputable therefore, that as a matter of Islamic law, he is in fact a Muslim, albeit an apostate or one who has abandoned Islam.  He claims, "I have never been a Muslim.  I am a Christian and accept Jesus Christ."  It was, however, not until he was 27 years old that he began attending the church of Rev. Jeremiah Wright and declared himself to be a Christian.  Such a denial of Islam is considered "kuf" or disbelief and is treated as a grave, punishable sin.  The website http://muttaqun.com, which is a compendium of Islamic legal authorities, cites (among others) apostasy as an act of "kuf," the penalty for which is death:

20.  Changing or abandoning Islam for any other religion. Allah
                  the Exalted says: '...And whosoever of you turns back from
                  his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be
                  lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the
                  dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever.' [2:217]

'Whoever apostatizes from Islam should be killed.'
                  (Bukhari)

So what does all that have to do with Obama invoking the name of Jesus Christ as justification for his schemes to tax "the rich?"  He wishes to promote sin and evil with the ill gotten gains of his unjust taxation that is destined to fund the destruction of human life, both actual and potential.  Even if Obama were a Christian, which he clearly is not as set forth above, his profanation of the name of Jesus Christ as a rationale for his political designs or for any governmental policy at all is blasphemy in the Christian faith.  It constitutes a serious violation of the second commandment, "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain."  If he remains legally Muslim, as nearly all Quranic authorities would attest, then summoning the name of Jesus Christ as justification for his acts is "shirk" or idolatry, the worship of false gods, as well as blasphemy and qualifies Obama as a "mushrik" or idolater in addition to his being a "kuffir," that is a disbeliever.

In sum, he has committed the grave sin of blasphemy against God under either Christian or Islamic doctrine as well as disbelief and apostasy in the eyes of Quranic law.  His punishment under Islamic precepts is clear, as explained above.  In the Christian faith, he has offended all Christians as well as God Himself by invoking the name of Jesus Christ in vain.  Were he Christian, Obama's penalty for such mortal sin, if he died unrepentant of it, would be eternal damnation.  As the next to final sentence of the Athanasian creed unequivocally declares:

At whose [Jesus's] coming all men shall rise again with their
            bodies, * and shall give account for their own works.  And
            they that have done good shall go into life eternal, * but they
            that have done evil into eternal fire.

In response to your original question as to whether Barack Hussein Obama may be "an" Anti-Christ, I too do not think that he is "the" Anti-Christ but rather might be the False Messiah or False Prophet spoken of in the Book of Revelation who causes mankind to bow down before the Beast (the Anti-Christ) or to be martyred for refusing to do so.  The speaker in this video, identified as Hon. James David Manning, Ph.D., thinks that Obama is the False Messiah and that Oprah Winfrey is the Anti-Christ.  (Yes, Oprah Winfrey!)  I don't know who is an Anti-Christ or a False Messiah, or that there's even one around these days.  I'm not sure I'd recognize an Anti-Christ even if one jumped up in front of me and hit me in the face.  This video is still at least entertaining if nothing else:

Pages: 1 2 3