FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Komen reverses decision on PP funding. They caved to the demons.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's totally outrageous - for so many reasons; in part because in the meantime, precisely because of their previous decision, they received an unprecedented amount of donations; whoever donated is NOT going to be happy about this. 
think I've finally seen the light.  Abortion disproportionately kills female babies.  Therefore the less females that are born the less cases of breast cancer that will occur.  Good job Komen.  You're funding an organization which kills 10 times as many people as breast cancer!

Now is the time for our bishops to:

1. Forbid Catholics to have anything to do with the Komen Foundation,

2.  Forbid Catholic institutions from having anything to do with Komen or its fundraising activities, and

3.  Announce the foundation of a charity that will provide the same services (e.g. breast cancer screenings) at facilities whose "services" do not include the murder of the unborn.
I'm getting tired of the bullying on this issue, but it might not actually be a cave-in. My guess is that they're trying to beat back the rabid dogs.

http://www.jillstanek.com/2012/02/decodi...osed-cave/

Quote:Decoding Komen’s supposed cave

12:20p: The more I read Komen’s statement, the more brilliant it becomes. Planned Parenthood loses its PR edge if any of its affiliates are convicted on criminal grounds.

12:13p: Ezra Klein at the Washington Post:

But what does this mea culpa mean? Brinker goes on to make clear that they will amend their guidelines so only “criminal and conclusive” investigations affect their funding decisions. They will ensure that “politics has no place in our grant process,” and they will “continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.”

So they are, perhaps, backing down. Or perhaps not. Yesterday, the Komen Foundation said the investigation was not the cause of their reduced support for Planned Parenthood, and that the real issue was that Planned Parenthood did not directly provide mammograms. This statement doesn’t address that concern at all. So it would appear to leave open the possibility that the foundation intends to reject Planned Parenthood’s future grant applications — albeit on less overtly political grounds.

I posed these questions to Leslie Aun, vice president for communications at the Komen Foundation. “I think our statement speaks for itself,” she replied.

12:05p: This is all breaking news, so bear with me. I’ll tell you what I know. News organizations like the  Associated Press are reporting:

After three days of controversy, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer charity says it is reversing its decision to cut breast-screening grants to Planned Parenthood.

Read Komen’s full statement here. Key excerpts:

Our original desire was to fulfill our fiduciary duty to our donors by not funding grant applications made by organizations under investigation. We will amend the criteria to make clear that disqualifying investigations must be criminal and conclusive in nature and not political. That is what is right and fair.

Our only goal for our granting process is to support women and families in the fight against breast cancer. Amending our criteria will ensure that politics has no place in our grant process. We will continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.

It is our hope and we believe it is time for everyone involved to pause, slow down and reflect on how grants can most effectively and directly be administered without controversies that hurt the cause of women.

This statement represents nothing new. Komen and CEO Nancy Brinker had already stated they would continue to fund Planned Parenthood’s existing grants through 2012 (one through 2013). Brinker told Andrew Mitchell that number was three. Other reports and my source say the number is five.

If Planned Parenthood is found guilty of criminal investigations, several of which are ongoing around the states (Medicaid fraud in Texas and California; fraudulent reporting and illegal abortions in Kansas, and yes, the federal Congressional investigation, etc.), Komen’s criteria will still disqualify Planned Parenthood from receiving grants, as it should.

This is Komen’s attempt to get the abortion mafia off their backs. Planned Parenthood and its thugs have engaged in typical shakedown: Give us money or we will destroy you.

Be savvy. Nothing has changed. Komen is merely trying to to get some breathing room.
Glad I didn't donate to them. If I did I would be cancelling the check or credit card transaction. People should call Komen that donated and tell them they want their money back. If they refuse, then use the steps I mentioned above.

Everyone needs to read this...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/blog/decodin...posed-cave

Decoding Komen’s supposed cave
BY JILL STANEK
Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 ESTComments (4)Tags: Komen, Komen For The Cure, Planned Parenthood

This is all breaking news, so bear with me. I’ll tell you what I know. News organizations like the Associated Press are reporting:

After three days of controversy, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer charity says it is reversing its decision to cut breast-screening grants to Planned Parenthood.

Read Komen’s full statement here. Key excerpts:

Our original desire was to fulfill our fiduciary duty to our donors by not funding grant applications made by organizations under investigation. We will amend the criteria to make clear that disqualifying investigations must be criminal and conclusive in nature and not political. That is what is right and fair.

Our only goal for our granting process is to support women and families in the fight against breast cancer. Amending our criteria will ensure that politics has no place in our grant process. We will continue to fund existing grants, including those of Planned Parenthood, and preserve their eligibility to apply for future grants, while maintaining the ability of our affiliates to make funding decisions that meet the needs of their communities.

It is our hope and we believe it is time for everyone involved to pause, slow down and reflect on how grants can most effectively and directly be administered without controversies that hurt the cause of women.

This statement represents nothing new. Komen and CEO Nancy Brinker had already stated they would continue to fund Planned Parenthood’s existing grants through 2012 (one through 2013). Brinker told Andrew Mitchell that number was three. Other reports and my source say the number is five.

If Planned Parenthood is found guilty of criminal investigations, several of which are ongoing around the states (Medicaid fraud in Texas and California; fraudulent reporting and illegal abortions in Kansas, and yes, the federal Congressional investigation, etc.), Komen’s criteria will still disqualify Planned Parenthood from receiving grants, as it should.

This is Komen’s attempt to get the abortion mafia off their backs. Planned Parenthood and its thugs have engaged in typical shakedown: Give us money or we will destroy you.

Be savvy. Nothing has changed. Komen is merely trying to to get some breathing room.

Click “like” if you want to end abortion!

Reprinted with permission from Jillstanek.com
Are you people really surprised?
I'm not buying the 'oh, they want to cut the funding but need to get the abortioners off their backs' arguement.

If Komen wants to stop funding this Molochian organization, they have the power to do so.  The cave in reversal was so significant, in fact the statement contained a dripping apology to Planned 'Parenthood.'

I stand by my original statement that Komen is an exploiter and to them PR is much more important than any objective reality.
One of the pro-life groups that I somehow got subscribed to on email sent this:

Quote:Having grown up in the pro-life movement, I know better than to
take ANYTHING the mainstream media says at face value, especially
when it comes to abortion.

So when I saw this morning's Associated Press headline declaring
"Komen drops plan to cut Planned Parenthood grants," I knew I had
to see for myself what Komen was really saying.

It turns out the reality is rather far from what that AP headline
says. Here's what I've learned, in a nutshell:

This morning Susan G. Komen for the Cure issued a statement
"apologizing" for the their recent decision not to give any more
grants to Planned Parenthood.

BUT -- and this is a big "but" -- they didn't actually say they
will resume giving Planned Parenthood grants.

What they DID say is that Planned Parenthood can apply for grants
in the future.

But that's no guarantee they'll get them. And given the fact that
Planned Parenthood doesn't actually DO mammograms -- which is what
those grants are for -- it seems unlikely they will.

We'll just have to wait and see.

So what does this mean for us pro-lifers?

FIRST, it means that we CANNOT support Komen with financial gifts
-- not before we see they've actually stopped giving to Planned
Parenthood for good.

SECOND, it means that we all need to draw attention to the REAL foe
in this story, Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood has basically executed a mafia-style shakedown
on Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

They were willing to TOTALLY DESTROY the nation's largest breast
cancer research and education organization, rather than lose the
$600,000 in grants -- a pittance to them -- they got from Komen.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to learn more about this situation, I
would encourage you to read this article by Tom Peters:

http://www.catholicvote.org/discuss/index.php?p=26022

We've really looked into the belly of the beast this week.. Planned Parenthood will stop at nothing to
preserve the phony public image that they help women.

Now we've all -- every single one of us -- got to redouble our
efforts to expose the true face of Planned Parenthood: they're
bullies, they're liars and they're baby killers.

Now, assuming that this is correct and they still don't intend on giving the grants to PP, then why the apology?  Appeasement?  Trying to get PP off their backs?  Hoping not to lose donations from the pro-abortion minded people?  Probably all three and then some.  Hopefully they'll end up not giving any grants, but even so, I wouldn't support them when there are, in my mind, more worthy charities to donate to.
Pages: 1 2