FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Getting priests to sign your daily missals"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"Getting priests to sign  your daily missals" - is it a universal practice or is it just done here in the Philippines?

Let me know your thoughts.  Smile

Thank you!!  Grin
I've never heard of this, and I married into a Filipino (non-trad, though) family.  I know it isn't done in the states.
I've never heard of this custom, but I am fairly new to tradition. Could you explain more about it, please? 
This sounds odd.
This sounds kinda fun actually!
Why not? I haven't seen this myself but it doesn't seem like it's a bad idea unless you have a different Priest every Mass....though, I suppose you COULD have them sign it. Nothing wrong with getting the autographs of true celebrities.
(02-09-2012, 10:03 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of this custom, but I am fairly new to tradition. Could you explain more about it, please? 

Smile  really? i thought it was done world wide, heheh!!! i've seen an old aunt's missal filled with lots of priest's signatures and written messages and blessings. 
Also by visiting bishops and priests on their jubilees.  Smile   

(02-10-2012, 03:26 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2012, 10:03 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of this custom, but I am fairly new to tradition. Could you explain more about it, please? 

Smile  really? i thought it was done world wide, heheh!!! i've seen an old aunt's missal filled with lots of priest's signatures and written messages and blessings. 
Also by visiting bishops and priests on their jubilees.  Smile   

It sounds like a really sweet way to honour the priesthood.  I like it.
Here in the Philippines the Faithful still honor priests.  After every mass people flock to the priest to get his blessing.  Also, it 's a custom here to greet your elders by getting their "blessing",  this is done by taking your elder's hand and bending down to touching your forehead to the back of their hand.  I love all the old customs and signs of respect that I see here every day.
I think it'd be kind of neat just to keep track of all the priests that you've met.
Pages: 1 2 3