FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics that are attaking the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote='dcmaccabees' pid='974632' dateline='1329168752']
Wow, that is chilling... I've never heard an American Cardnial say something like that, but I personally believe that he is spot-on
[/quote

I haven't read or heard a sermon such as this one since before Vatican II. It's exactly what my childhood pastor would have said. Of course, he would follow that with an excommunication in the cases of Pelosi & Sebilius & others, I'm sure.
(02-13-2012, 06:58 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]Father Ed Peters, a canon lawyer, stated a few days ago:

FYI, Peters is a layman.
Someone, I'm glad that AB Naumann has forbade her from receiving communion (unless she approaches an EMHC).

Why do you think he hasn't excommunicated her?  
(02-13-2012, 05:32 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that is chilling... I've never heard an American Cardnial say something like that, but I personally believe that he is spot-on

(02-13-2012, 07:21 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't read or heard a sermon such as this one since before Vatican II. It's exactly what my childhood pastor would have said. Of course, he would follow that with an excommunication in the cases of Pelosi & Sebilius & others, I'm sure. [/size]

I'm reminded of a priest of my acquaintance, known to some on this forum. When I told him that a prominent politician in our town had contracted an adulterous marriage, performed by a judge before an altar in a museum, he said, 'She'd better not present herself for Communion at my Mass!'
Someone, are you sure it is excommunication? It may be an interdict.
As far as I can tell, there was no pronouncement of excommunication on Ms. Sebelius.  Her Bishop said she was excommunicated (latae sententiae) but he did not actually excommunicate her.  True, she is excommunicated, but there is a reason why the Church has this particular rite.

Obama and his associates have made it clear that they are on Team Demon.  The Bishops have to come to grips with the severity of this situation and break out the bell, book, and candle.  Put out the Baptismal candles and let them know that they are spiritually dead.  They might actually be converted.
Sebellius is not excommunicated.  She's been asked to refrain from recieving Holy Communion by her Bishop, but even in the article he says that he didn't tell the EMHC's that they couldn't give her communion (why he would say this I don't know, probably the same reason he has EMHC's).  Why she's not excommunicated I have no idea, especially since the bishop would make the point of imposing a censure on her typical of excommunications. 
Excommunications need to be like this:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRt2cKvJLlE
[/video]
Robert II after his excommunication:

[Image: 07-08.jpg]
Back in the day, everyone took spiritual matters seriously:

(02-13-2012, 06:07 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Just words.  Good words, necessary words, but just words.  Excommunicate them.  If only for the sake of saying "what these people teach?  It's not what the Church teaches."  Give Catholics something to be proud of again, give them a reason to see why the Church is different than a social group.
(02-13-2012, 06:34 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Forced to excommunicate them?  We should be past that point.  You've got politicians (and Pelosi definitely isn't the only one, she's just the loudest, most annoying, and bitchiest one) that have obstinately denied Catholic teaching, lied about Catholic teaching and fought to pass laws that are patently and explicitly against it.  We're not talking ambiguities here, we're talking about black and white non-catholic teaching.  Souls will be lost (and I'm sure some already have) because of politicians that are allowed to call themselves catholic and lead the flock away.

I can't remember the last time the Church excommunicated someone with a recognizable name.  Oh wait, I can, it started with an L...

:clap:

It is quite different from the ancient practice of the Church fathers as recalled by Leo XIII (see my signature line).
Pages: 1 2 3