FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: trad catholic problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-14-2012, 05:32 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Watching threads completely derail like this is quite entertaining  :LOL: And in just 2 pages no less...

that what I was thinking too  :angrywom: :realmad:
Braids, anyone.  I was thinking of quoting the photo Vox posted to here but then I thought not. lol  That photo is hard to look at.
Having to turn filthy magazine covers around while going to the grocery check-out with my children (and sometimes discovering that the back of the magazine is worse than the front)
(02-14-2012, 08:40 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Having to turn filthy magazine covers around while going to the grocery check-out with my children (and sometimes discovering that the back of the magazine is worse than the front)
But I bet you would browse through the Guns & Ammo and/or Gun Digest  while at check-out.
(02-14-2012, 08:44 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2012, 08:40 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]Having to turn filthy magazine covers around while going to the grocery check-out with my children (and sometimes discovering that the back of the magazine is worse than the front)
But I bet you would browse through the Guns & Ammo and/or Gun Digest  while at check-out.

I would indeed (although I subscribe to G&A) ...In Upstate NY the grocery stores do not carry these up front.

What would have had a brown wrapper around it 45 years ago is now openly displayed. It's the gun magazines that are buried in the back of the rack.
(02-14-2012, 08:59 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]

I would indeed (although I subscribe to G&A) ...In Upstate NY the grocery stores do not carry these up front.

What would have had a brown wrapper around it 45 years ago is now openly displayed. It's the gun magazines that are buried in the back of the rack.
Sad state of affairs.
:LOL:
when folks derail on fisheaters forum
(02-14-2012, 02:12 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2012, 01:09 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: [ -> ]To paraphrase wikipedia. They say the taste buds grow too long and that they get stained from food, soda,or smoking. And that if you get it your supposed to brush your tongue. Also it says taking pepto bismol or penicilin can cause it. Odd.

Gack, I hope people brush their tongues whether they have THAT or not.. nasty!

Yes, brushing your tongue is a good practice, like brushing your gums and your teeth -- ask your dentist.  You want to get rid of as much bacteria in your mouth as you can, unless you want cavities, gingivitis, halitosis, etc.  You can also buy tongue scrapers, which look sort of like razors but obviously have no blade, just a dull edge.  (It doesn't hurt to brush or scrape your tongue -- if it does, you're doing it way too hard.)

Maybe brushing or scraping your tongue even helps prevents the black hairy tongue condition?

Sign seen in a dentist's office:  "Only floss the teeth you want to keep."

(02-14-2012, 08:59 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: [ -> ]

Ralphs here in Southern California covers the cover of Cosmo with a black plastic sheet.  Thank God for small mercies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4