FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tradition is ever vindicated!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-16-2012, 11:52 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]Define short.

Short when you compare it to nonsense such as carbon dating things that are supposedly billions of years old.
(02-17-2012, 12:01 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Short when you compare it to nonsense such as carbon dating things that are supposedly billions of years old.

What kind of resources can you provide that show how it's reliable in the short term but bogus once it gets past a certain point? 
(02-16-2012, 11:54 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2012, 11:26 PM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait! I graduate from graduate school in September and my gift to myself is a vacation to Vatican City. I'm even learning Italian for the trip.

May I ask what you are studying? I am a History major, with the history of our Holy Mother the Church my particular interest.

Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Business Economics.
(02-17-2012, 12:06 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2012, 12:01 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

What kind of resources can you provide that show how it's reliable in the short term but bogus once it gets past a certain point? 

I just happen to have studied this a while ago.  All of these methods are based on accepting a uniformitarian assumption of decay rates. 

This will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_dating
Pages: 1 2