FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The official Jesuit "what we do" photo is out - comments? Is it humor or truth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 421817_10150585299416089_591796088_91757...0921_n.jpg]
I don't know.....
Fr. James Martin made this?  He's a well known Jesuit author, and if he says this, then something is up.  I'm guessing the frustrated guy by the computer means they're having some type of identity crisis.
I have a feeling that the liberals see the Jesuits within their own camp, or as significant allies at the very least.

Lol.  Who sees the Jesuits as saying the TLM?
One of my evangelical friends in ministry posted something like this with the same last picture of the guy at a computer.  I think it just means that they see themselves as spending most of their time fighting with microsoft word to write scholarly papers or trying to organize conferences using xcel spreadsheets.  Everyone else sees them as doing something either glamorous or off the wall, but really a significant portion is just office work.  It's pretty sad that a Jesuit sees himself that way though.  A priest ought to see himself as the only kind of person who can offer the holy sacrifice of the Mass.
(02-28-2012, 07:23 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling that the liberals see the Jesuits within their own camp, or as significant allies at the very least.

Lol.  Who sees the Jesuits as saying the TLM?
I agree. [i]WHO[/i] sees Jesuits as TLM devoteesHuh?Huh?Huh??
Clearly they don't see themselves as liberals.
(02-28-2012, 08:32 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]One of my evangelical friends in ministry posted something like this with the same last picture of the guy at a computer.  I think it just means that they see themselves as spending most of their time fighting with microsoft word to write scholarly papers or trying to organize conferences using xcel spreadsheets.  Everyone else sees them as doing something either glamorous or off the wall, but really a significant portion is just office work.  It's pretty sad that a Jesuit sees himself that way though.  A priest ought to see himself as the only kind of person who can offer the holy sacrifice of the Mass.

I think this was Satan's intention when he gave Babbage the idea of computing. Check out the movie the Devil's Advocate, Al Pacino who plays Lew Seefer delives a speech about the computer and pride tht sums it all up nicely. I saw the evolution for controlling machines from electro-mechanical with ladder logic, to the transistor logic, to finally the computer. None of them was ever except the computer bordered on worship.
It's very curious because the logic internally is the same just miniautrized. It could be argued that it is the mark of the beast, soon.

tim