FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Who is the priest who denied a lesbian woman Communion?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(03-04-2012, 06:01 AM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea if this has been posted already but the NY Daily News is running a poll on whether the priest should be "removed
from the archdiocese: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1031166

C.

Quote:Barbara Johnson told the Washington Post that Father Marcel Guarnizo learned of her relationship with her partner of 19 years, who was at the funeral on Saturday morning, shortly before the service. But when the grieving art-studio owner went to take communion, he covered the symbolic body of Christ.

"Symbolic"?

???
At least the poll results when I voted were 76% saying the priest should not be removed. 
(03-04-2012, 06:26 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2012, 06:01 AM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea if this has been posted already but the NY Daily News is running a poll on whether the priest should be "removed

C.

Quote:Barbara Johnson told the Washington Post that Father Marcel Guarnizo learned of her relationship with her partner of 19 years, who was at the funeral on Saturday morning, shortly before the service. But when the grieving art-studio owner went to take communion, he covered the symbolic body of Christ.

"Symbolic"?

???

Yeah, the usual press reportage handled by someone who knows nothing of what we believe.

C.
(03-04-2012, 07:24 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]

C.

"Symbolic"?

???

Yeah, the usual press reportage handled by someone who knows nothing of what we believe.

C.

Or - worse, but probably the case - it's a purposeful dig at our doctrine...

C.

"Symbolic"?

???

Well, yes INPEFESS - allow me to explain the entire situation to you lol - (kidding) - - - - - - I know you certainly could explain why Our Lord is only symbolic along with the best - if not better than most here on FE.

Just curious about something.  I noticed on another thread about the TLM in Gathersburg that is at the church that this incident took place.  Is this priest the same one who says the diocesan TLM?  Just wondering about any possible connection.

Joe
(03-04-2012, 09:14 PM)joe17 Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious about something.  I noticed on another thread about the TLM in Gathersburg that is at the church that this incident took place.  Is this priest the same one who says the diocesan TLM?  Just wondering about any possible connection.

Joe

I asked the same question in the other thread. A parishioner (forgot their name), said that Fr. Guarnizo does not celebrate the TLM at St. John Neumann...the pastor (who apologized to the woman) does.
  Thanks for the info Damooster.  Perhaps Fr G. will receive the grace to recognise this persecution by the archiocese is a logical consequence of the conciliar revolution.

Joe
(03-01-2012, 01:15 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]It reminds me of the time I got a call from the head of the diocesan Office of Divine Worship (yes, me!) for not being pastoral when I refused to play, among other things, Amazing Grace for a funeral.   My answer was that I'd rather do the right thing than be pastoral.  All this be compassionate, be pastoral garbage is really sickening.

There is compassion & there is COMPASSION. For the normal compassion, I'm sure the priest's heart achesfor this woman BECAUSE she................unless this stops..........is doomed to Hell. This kind of compassion causes those who know this to pray diligently for this woman's soul.

Then there is COMPASSION.........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11