FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Who is the priest who denied a lesbian woman Communion?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(03-01-2012, 01:14 AM)wsxyz Wrote: [ -> ]Revexit: no doubt you support Archbishop Niederauer in this matter as well:

[Image: sistersholyredeemer.jpg][Image: 230_Homo01.jpg]

because after all according to you, he didn't KNOW that these two "men" hadn't just made a good confession in the past hour, right?

Your postings on this topic make me sick.

Thank you for illustrating the fine example of my local ordinary. In spite of this happening, hmmm..., five years ago, was he sacked or publicly reprimanded by BXVI? Nope.

It was this event, as I watched on the news after I came home from school one day, that led me to become a traditional Catholic.
Is that "Catholic" in Mime or something?
(03-01-2012, 01:15 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]All this be compassionate, be pastoral garbage is really sickening.

Much agreed.  Compassion does equal compromise.

I especially take issue with this:

(03-01-2012, 12:42 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad this priest opposes same-sex marriage, too, but the Church says we are to oppose homosexual acts, and all sex outside marriage, but to love homosexuals and recognize them as children of God.

TRUE, but misleading.  First, our love for homosexuals such as the one in the article should begin and end with our respect for their inherent human dignity.  No less, but certainly no more.  Second, I don't know which country Revixit is in, but in America there is little doubt in the connection between public homosexuals (particularly ones in long-lasting relationships) and their private acts with partners.

It is one thing to love and give the benefit of a doubt, but another entirely to be naive.
(03-01-2012, 01:19 AM)The Curt Jester Wrote: [ -> ]Is that "Catholic" in Mime or something?

They call themselves the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence." They are a group of sodomites and sodomite sympathizers who mock religious sisters with their garb and who have been mocking the Church for 30 years or so. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisters_of_...Indulgence.

When the above event happened in 2007, the archdiocesan talking heads noted nothing about how these men mocked the Church and were openly, practicing homosexuals, but that they "had disrespected female religious." I remember this episode quite well.

It took place in Most Holy Redeemer Church, a church that, since the 80s, has catered to homosexuals, and the past three ordinaries, Quinn, Levada (the head of the Inquisition and PCED), and Niederauer know about this. This church is in the Castro district, once a blue collar Irish neighborhood that became the sodomite Mecca on Earth in the late 60's and early 70's.

It's a case of extreme irony that the one traditional Catholic priest in San Francisco, Fr. William Young, a very dear friend, mentor, and spiritual father of mine, who was featured in the SSPX publication Priest, Where is Thy Mass? is in residence at this church. Father has lived here since the 80's, I believe, and says his daily Mass (TLM of course) in this same church. I have thus been to this church dozens of times, and have had the Requiem Masses of family members here.

I suggest everybody get that book and read about the Curé of San Francisco. It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Priest-Seventeen-I...1892331268
Just so everyone knows, I posted this on the other forum about this subject but I go to St. John Neumann, it is my parish. I know Fr. Marcel, he is a GREAT priest, a very holy man. I had to search far and wide in this liberal state to find a good parish and St. John Neumann is a good Catholic parish. Fr. Marcel follows the teachings of the Church and is very serious about the Eucharist, he preaches the way all priests should preach and I am very thankful to have him as a priest. Apparently gay protesters are talking about coming to my parish on Sunday to protest during our Masses, if anyone is in the D.C. area try to make it to Mass at St. John Neumann this Sunday to show your support.
While I obviously don't support giving people who you "know" are going to return to their sodomy, or people dressed in mockery of mass, I have to say that no matter how firm my "purpose of amendment" is, there are certain sins I commit anon. 

If I was treated the way gays would be if all gays were refused communion, I'd likely be doomed to hell by virtue of sacramental denial.
There is a difference between private sin and public sin.
(03-01-2012, 02:03 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]There is a difference between private sin and public sin.

True.  In retrospect, she clearly had a pre-made agenda since she "introduced Father to her lover" before raising a stink over communion.
She made it absolutely clear.
(03-01-2012, 12:58 AM)tmw89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 12:50 AM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 12:42 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]Even if she really said the woman was her "lover", if she then made a good confession, she should have been given absolution and allowed to receive Communion at her mother's funeral Mass.

How do you keep forgetting that a firm purpose of amendment is necessary for absolution?

Pheo, how do you keep forgetting that mere facts cannot cauterize a bleeding heart?

Very clever, but you have to admit Jesus was a bleeding heart, too.

Jesus said to love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves.  He made that the second of the two great commandments, the first, as you know, being to love God with all our heart. 

This woman deserves our love as a fellow Catholic and as a daughter who has just lost her mother.

And there is hope for sinners to mend their ways.  She may be working toward that. We do not know that she introduced the other woman as her lover.  That's a report from an anonymous source who allegedly heard it from the priest involved.  It was irresponsible of a deacon to publish an anonymous report.

Suppose we all prayed for Barbara Johnson instead of criticizing her?  We could pray that she will realize that she needs to change her life.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11