FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Who is the priest who denied a lesbian woman Communion?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
:LOL:
(03-01-2012, 06:04 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 05:42 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 04:59 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore, from the City of God:

Quote:For this reason, the man who lives by God's standards and not by man's, must needs be a lover of the good, and it follows that he must hate what is evil. Further, since no one is evil by nature, but anyone who is evil is evil because of a perversion of nature, the man who lives by God's standards has a duty of "perfect hatred" (Psalm 139:22) towards those who are evil; that is to say, he should not hate the person because of the fault, nor should he love the fault because of the person. He should hate the fault, but love the man. And when the fault has been cured there will remain only what he ought to love, nothing that he should hate. (14:6, Penguin ed., transl. Bettenson)

Emphasis is mine.

Thanks Walty! I was wrong and thank you for correcting me!

I guess I am coming across as though I "hate the sinner" - which is not really the case - I simply do not mean "love" with the same definition as the modern definition of "love" - which I generally take to mean "accept the sin along with the sinner" - when in reality any attempt at correcting or rebuking of the sinner for the sinner's own welfare is taken for hate by the obstinate sinner - and the modern world - generally speaking.

That being said, the priest was right, the lesbian was wrong and will end up in hell if she doesn't repent - love or no love.

Agreed!  It's good that we're on the same page now.

Today we may have accomplished something unprecedented in FE history.  A disagreement, discussed civilly, followed by an eventual total agreement.  I hope the devil likes hockey.

:LOL:
(03-01-2012, 07:21 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 12:58 AM)tmw89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 12:50 AM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 12:42 AM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]Even if she really said the woman was her "lover", if she then made a good confession, she should have been given absolution and allowed to receive Communion at her mother's funeral Mass.

How do you keep forgetting that a firm purpose of amendment is necessary for absolution?

Pheo, how do you keep forgetting that mere facts cannot cauterize a bleeding heart?

Very clever, but you have to admit Jesus was a bleeding heart, too.

Your condescension aside, no.  I'm 100% positive that Christ was not a fool.
This should not need any discussion and it is a tragedy that this good Priest, protecting the Body of Christ from sacrilege, is being sold out by Weurl and his gang.

To so many, the goal in life is maintaining human respect, that is praises of others. 

For those here questioning the Priest, you have got to get a grip.  You are seriously going accept the account of anti-Catholic, pro-homosexual media at face value?  Further, even with these reports apparently this woman went out of her way to declare her homosexual lifestyle.

The Priest is not required to grant absolution if he knows reasonably that it is a put on.  Further, he can require a penitent to publicly abjure error.  If you think this woman was about to leave her 'partner' and reverse herself after barging into the Sacristy to announce her depravity, you are just not understanding reality.
So since Fr. Marcel is my parish priest, and he is such a great priest it is very disheartening to me that he is being thrown under the bus by the Archdiocese. I have decided that if the Cardinal does not defend his priests when they do something that is correct then I do not want to be a part of that organization. If Fr. Marcel gets any sort of punishment, or if he has to move parishes because he followed the teachings of the Church then I am going to be exclusively an SSPX goer. I will only attend Mass at the SSPX affiliate chapel 30 mins away from me instead of St. John Neumann which is 2 mins away from me. I do not want to give one single dollar to the Archdiocese of Washington if they completely throw Fr. Marcel under the bus. I will support the SSPX because I know that they only preach sound Catholic doctrine. I know that the SSPX bishop would not throw his priest under the bus for doing something that was right just because it offended people.
(03-03-2012, 02:10 AM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]So since Fr. Marcel is my parish priest, and he is such a great priest it is very disheartening to me that he is being thrown under the bus by the Archdiocese. I have decided that if the Cardinal does not defend his priests when they do something that is correct then I do not want to be a part of that organization. If Fr. Marcel gets any sort of punishment, or if he has to move parishes because he followed the teachings of the Church then I am going to be exclusively an SSPX goer. I will only attend Mass at the SSPX affiliate chapel 30 mins away from me instead of St. John Neumann which is 2 mins away from me. I do not want to give one single dollar to the Archdiocese of Washington if they completely throw Fr. Marcel under the bus. I will support the SSPX because I know that they only preach sound Catholic doctrine. I know that the SSPX bishop would not throw his priest under the bus for doing something that was right just because it offended people.

I don't have an opinion on the SSPX question, but it might be a good idea to write to your bishop telling him you are specifically not giving to the diocese any more because of the lack of support (to put it mildly) for this priest. I would word the letter exceedingly politely bu mention stopping donating, which frankly is the bottom line for most chancery types.
(03-03-2012, 02:10 AM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]So since Fr. Marcel is my parish priest, and he is such a great priest it is very disheartening to me that he is being thrown under the bus by the Archdiocese. I have decided that if the Cardinal does not defend his priests when they do something that is correct then I do not want to be a part of that organization. If Fr. Marcel gets any sort of punishment, or if he has to move parishes because he followed the teachings of the Church then I am going to be exclusively an SSPX goer. I will only attend Mass at the SSPX affiliate chapel 30 mins away from me instead of St. John Neumann which is 2 mins away from me. I do not want to give one single dollar to the Archdiocese of Washington if they completely throw Fr. Marcel under the bus. I will support the SSPX because I know that they only preach sound Catholic doctrine. I know that the SSPX bishop would not throw his priest under the bus for doing something that was right just because it offended people.
I wouldn't wait for Fr. Marcel or any other good priest to be thrown under the bus in order to go to the SSPX.
Good post!
(03-03-2012, 02:26 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
I wouldn't wait for Fr. Marcel or any other good priest to be thrown under the bus in order to go to the SSPX.
Good post!

As I have said something shocks us into making decisions like this. For you, it was Fr. Marcel. For me, it was this
(03-03-2012, 04:28 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]As I have said something shocks us into making decisions like this. For you, it was Fr. Marcel. For me, it was this

Look at what they've done to Holy Mother the Church.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

(03-03-2012, 04:58 AM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2012, 04:28 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]As I have said something shocks us into making decisions like this. For you, it was Fr. Marcel. For me, it was this

Look at what they've done to Holy Mother the Church.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
That is utterly ridiculous, I cannot believe that the Archbishop gave them Communion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11