FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Female Dimension of Ecumenical Prayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The feminised church is at it again!

Vatican Insider Wrote:The female dimension of ecumenical prayer

[Image: 3cc3919096.jpg]
Tomorrow, the world celebrates the day of meditation which brings Christians of different traditions together
Maria Teresa Pontara Pederiva
Rome

Preceding the traditional International Women’s Day, is this year’s Women’s World Day of Prayer which will be celebrated on 2 March. The initiative has its origins in the 19th Century, when groups of Protestant women from the U.S. and Canada launched some common activities in support of the many difficulties they faced at home and abroad. The idea soon turned into a Day of unity dedicated to prayer “by” and “for” women. The first Friday in March became the fixed date for the celebration.

Although the initiative had already been taken up by groups of Catholics as well, in various parts of the world, it was not until 1969, following the ecumenical opening of the Council, that the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organisations openly encouraged Catholic women across the globe to take part.

On 2 March, at least three million women from all over the world will take part in a choral prayer, on the theme “Let justice prevail”, inspired by Malaysian women this time. Groups of women in almost 180 countries will be involved in an awareness campaign that makes no age or social class distinctions.

The objective, which has been illustrated in such a real way in the 2012 logo created by Hanna Cheriyan Varghese from Malaysia, is a common one. Mrs. Varghese was a wife, mother, grandmother and a distinguished teacher of figurative art, who passed away three years ago. The logo shows a group of women trying to help each other get back up on their feet.

This is precisely the aim of the Women’s World Day of Prayer: to help put an end to or at least begin the process of finding a solution to the numerous  situations of injustice, marginalisation and decay (situations that are too often dramatic and even concealed or forgotten about), that women in many countries across the world are subjected to.

“It is a world liturgy that cannot but arouse women’s desire to participate,” the Dominican, Alberto Simoni wrote in the Italian online Christian magazine Koinonia, quoting large fragments from the proposed celebration and the reasons that inspired it.

Malaysian women write: “On 2 March we attempt to resolve to work with God and together as women, to create a world in which sex, race, culture, religion and status are honoured.”

If neuroscience reveals to us that care for one’s kindred is a female characteristic , the women of this Movement act as an example in that they show us how big a heart can get, when it beats in order to help other people, whoever they may be. The celebration on 2 March is not just an occasion to pray for women, but for everyone, for the entire world. The message is clear: Courage, empathy and compassion are vital if justice is to be victorious in today’s world.

“Lord, we come before you to ask for mercy and to help us in our suffering. We fitness injustice and evil all around us. We have seen violence emerge in order to create divisions both in political and religious spheres. The voices that call for truth and justice have been silenced; corruption and greed threaten the path towards truth. We confess the lack of awareness and interest towards these injustices.”
Why can't we have an International Men's Day?  Oh, right.  That would be Chauvinistic.
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
So these are Catholics "in the proper" sense too, unlike Bp. Williamson?

For how long will this charade last? It's tiresome.
(03-01-2012, 07:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]For how long will this charade last? It's tiresome.

It's not ending anytime soon.
Unfortunately it all goes back to men not standing up to this nonsense and not having some strength to assert themselves. If only men can have some courage and not care if "someone calls them names." Oh and it's funny that those who hold to traditional gender roles are called sexist. I argue that those who wish to put women in environments where they cannot succeed (i.e. outside of the home) are the real 'sexists' for they know that equality between the genders is not possible and yet these men (creators of feminism were males yes) did this to destroy the family.
(03-01-2012, 07:14 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 07:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]For how long will this charade last? It's tiresome.

I'm not holding my breath either.

Since the Pope called Luther "a great witness in the faith," perhaps I should consider Lutheranism instead.
The title of this thread seems like the name of a book some Novus Ordinarian would write. I LOL'ed.
(03-01-2012, 07:16 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Since the Pope called Luther "a great witness in the faith," perhaps I should consider Lutheranism instead.

Universal salvation, man.  Just let loose.  Organized religion is for squares.
(03-01-2012, 07:22 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2012, 07:16 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]

Universal salvation, man.  Just let loose.  Organized religion is for squares.

Word.

I'm a let it roll.
Pages: 1 2