FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Look at what just arrived!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6799402406_f9c6072f80.jpg]

I can't wait to get started!
I'm reading it right now, between school work.  I'm literally only on like the second page (although to my credit, I read the intro).

Davies is an amazing writer.  RIP.

Make sure to read Partisans of Error if you haven't.  And then, of course, continue with Pope John's Council and Pope Paul's New Mass after the Cramner book.
(03-02-2012, 12:16 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reading it right now, between school work.  I'm literally only on like the second page (although to my credit, I read the intro).

Make sure to read Partisans of Error if you haven't.  And then, of course, continue with Pope John's Council and Pope Paul's New Mass after the Cramner book.

Are all of those books written by Mr. Davies? This is my first Davies book and I'm really looking forward to it.
(03-02-2012, 12:22 AM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2012, 12:16 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reading it right now, between school work.  I'm literally only on like the second page (although to my credit, I read the intro).

Are all of those books written by Mr. Davies? This is my first Davies book and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cranmer's Godly order is the first in a trilogy.  The second book of the series is Pope John's Council and the third and final is Pope Paul's New Mass.

Partisans of Error is also by Davies, it has a subheading of "St Pius the Tenth Against the Modernists."  It's a brief but very succinct history of modernism.  He shows how it's roots are in protestantism and rationalism, and also chronicles some of the events surrounding some more pertinent modernists.  You can see that modernism wasn't just something that Pius the X and IX (and other popes of that time) saw as a potential but that it was a very true reality amongst clergy and seminaries during their own time.  Lots of quotes from Pascendi.  Not counting the appendix, that book is under a hundred pages.  You could probably finish it in a day if you had the time.

Last year, when I was a firm Ecclesia Dei kinda guy, I was VERY sympathetic to the Archbishop and the SSPX due to two things:
Open Letter to Confused Catholics by ABL.

And Apologia Pro Marcel Lefebvre.

I highly recommend APML.  It's on SSPX Asia's site for free.  If you have an ereader, PM me.  >_>

Yay Michael Davies.
I Am With You Always: The Divine Constitution and Indefectibility of the Catholic Church by Michael Davies was the first Traditional Catholic book I'd ever read.
Keep the Faith has quite a few audios of Mr. Davies http://www.keepthefaith.org/SearchResult...l%20Davies