FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: South Sudan and the merit of a faith impossible to follow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If a Moslem little boy asked me why his nation should become Christian, what would I tell him?

Does it stop divorce? No. Does it stop fornication? No. Lower crime? No. Create charity amoungst men? No.

So, is there any merit in a religion with a moral code that's impossible to follow and, as a result, no one does?

I'm going to be monitoring South Sudan, now free of those "horrible" Moslem men in the North, and see if it becomes a prosperous, powerful paradise like the United States. It should (manifest destiny don't you know..."God" has willed it) but somehow, I'll bet it doesn't. In fact, I'll bet the atrocities and standard of living gets even worse. Haiti anyone?

No matter Fisheaters say: "if it gets bad, we'll ship them to Sweden or Minnesota." If the people there dare to say: "what about our culture?"
We'll call them Nazi's or racists...that'll shut 'em up!

Still, you have wonder about the meritorial value of a religion that offers "the way" but which changes nothing except to make Europeans feel perpetually guilty and self-destructive.

(03-02-2012, 10:38 PM)mistman Wrote: [ -> ]If a Moslem little boy asked me why his nation should become Christian, what would I tell him?

Does it stop divorce? No. Does it stop fornication? No. Lower crime? No. Create charity amoungst men? No.
It gives the opportunity to know, serve, and love God in truth and gives us Faith and Hope so we may live forever in the joy and peace of God.

Quote:So, is there any merit in a religion with a moral code that's impossible to follow and, as a result, no one does?
The religion does not exist for its own sake, but for ours.

If people live futile lives, does that mean that the only way to live a meritorious life should not exist or could not exist?

Quote:I'm going to be monitoring South Sudan, now free of those "horrible" Moslem men in the North, and see if it becomes a prosperous, powerful paradise like the United States. It should (manifest destiny don't you know..."God" has willed it) but somehow, I'll bet it doesn't. In fact, I'll bet the atrocities and standard of living gets even worse. Haiti anyone?
You cannot judge the spiritual health of a nation by the material prosperity of that nation. Saudi Arabia is rich. Sudan is not. The USA is a world power. Hungary is not.

Quote:No matter Fisheaters say: "if it gets bad, we'll ship them to Sweden or Minnesota." If the people there dare to say: "what about our culture?"
I do not follow.

Quote:Still, you have wonder about the meritorial value of a religion that offers "the way" but which changes nothing except to make Europeans feel perpetually guilty and self-destructive.
That does not make sense either. What religion is this?
(03-02-2012, 10:38 PM)mistman Wrote: [ -> ]If a Moslem little boy asked me why his nation should become Christian, what would I tell him?

So, is there any merit in a religion with a moral code that's impossible to follow and, as a result, no one does?

I'm going to be monitoring South Sudan, now free of those "horrible" Moslem men in the North, and see if it becomes a prosperous, powerful paradise like the United States. It should (manifest destiny don't you know..."God" has willed it) but somehow, I'll bet it doesn't. In fact, I'll bet the atrocities and standard of living gets even worse. Haiti anyone?

No matter Fisheaters say: "if it gets bad, we'll ship them to Sweden or Minnesota." If the people there dare to say: "what about our culture?"

Still, you have wonder about the meritorial value of a religion that offers "the way" but which changes nothing except to make Europeans feel perpetually guilty and self-destructive.

:LOL: :eyeroll:
(03-02-2012, 10:46 PM)su Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2012, 10:38 PM)mistman Wrote: [ -> ]No matter Fisheaters say: "if it gets bad, we'll ship them to Sweden or Minnesota." If the people there dare to say: "what about our culture?"
I do not follow.

Quote:Still, you have wonder about the meritorial value of a religion that offers "the way" but which changes nothing except to make Europeans feel perpetually guilty and self-destructive.
That does not make sense either. What religion is this?

Mistman is a dirty racist, or at least he plays at being one on the Internet, and is referring to previous conversations where he has been called on his garbage.  The last point is whining about how the Church does not prefer white people to "inferior" races as Mistman would prefer.
Does mohammedanism stop fornication, or crime, or charity? I don't think so. It doesn't even stop some people from drinking, which their false sect forbids.

The Catholic Church's moral code is not hard to follow. As our Lord Jesus Christ said:

Matthew 11:28-30 Wrote:[28] Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you. [29] Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. [30] For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

Fighting against the flesh has always been difficult. But with the grace of God, we can embrace the sweet yoke of Christ. Again, quoting the words of Christ:
Mark14:38 Wrote:Watch ye, and pray that you enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about Sudan, Haiti, and the U.S. The U.S. gained all of its land from the American Indians, Mexico, the British, the Spanish, and others via conquest. It has never been a Catholic or even officially protestant country.

I don't know why you have this fascination with Europe and culture over the Faith. Europeans began the Protestant Revolt, the French Revolution, the so called "Enlightenment," Marxism, and so on. Let's not even mention the great world wars. Pope Benedict XV called WWI the "suicide of Europe."

I think you should start reading what the popes, doctors, theologians, saints, and other churchmen said before the Vatican II revolution, and stop worrying about the nonsense happening in the last 50 or so years.
Yes, we should pray for the people of South Sudan. BTW Mistman, how is the search for a bishop for your whites-only church going?
Part of the problem is that the concept of private religion is just stupid, and there really is no point in following a religion that sees its role as limited to the private sphere unless you are an eccentric weirdo. However, the Church was in some ways able to transform society in the past when she still saw herself as a public entity. That said, we should also remember that people are imperfect. I've always liked this quotation from T. S. Eliot:
Quote:The Universal Church is to-day, it seems to me, more definitely set against the World than at any time since pagan Rome. I do not mean that our times are particularly corrupt; all times are corrupt. I mean that Christianity, in spite of certain local appearances, is not, and cannot be within measurable time, 'official'. The World is trying the experiment of attempting to form a civilized but non-Christian mentality. The experiment will fail; but we must be very patient in awaiting its collapse; meanwhile redeeming the time: so that the Faith may be preserved alive through the dark ages before us; to renew and rebuild civilization, and save the World from suicide.