FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Freemasons have Infiltrated the Knights of Columbus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Remember that Freemasonry was only condemned in 1738.
(03-19-2012, 06:55 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 09:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 06:48 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 06:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, but my point was to question how the Freemasons could have assisted during the deformation when they weren't formed until two hundred years later.

That just refers to the Scottish ones though.  The ones from the Continent, who knows when they were founded?

Actually, it refers to the Grand Lodge of England, not Scotland. And all serious scholars of Freemasonry (non-Masonic) agree that the formation of the Grand Lodge of England is the origin of modern Freemasonry and that French Freemasonry was an import from Britain, brought by the predominantly Catholic Jacobite emigres.

I highly doubt that Jovan.  The masonic myth that the Stuarts brought freemasonry to France originated from a careless and unsubstantiated remark made by John Noorthouk in the 1784 Book of Constitutions of the Premier Grand Lodge of London and spiraled from there.  There is no connection between Jacobite and Jacobin.  The Jacobites were royalists who supported a Catholic monarch the same as the royalists like the Vendee did during the French Revolution.  In contrast the Jacobins were both anti-royalists and anti-Catholic.

Mike, with all due respect, I am neither ignorant nor stupid. I never implied that Jacobite and Jacobin were the same thing and I specifically pointed out that serious, non-Masonic, scholars of the history of Freemasonry have concluded that Freemasonry was imported into France by Catholic Jacobites. As Crusading Philologist pointed out, Freemasonry was not condemned until 1738 so there was no reason that the Jacobites would not be Brothers of the Lodge.
Tiny Update:

I've been trying to contact people to validate Mr. Salza's claims but I have not received any responses (not that I'm expecting any since I'm a nobody).

I will try to share something without breaking any rules or vows that I took: I'm witnessing, first hand, the beginnings of a rebellion by local knights against State and Supreme leadership. I'd be happy to explain in private messages. 
(03-19-2012, 07:28 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2012, 06:55 PM)mikemac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 09:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 06:48 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2012, 06:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, but my point was to question how the Freemasons could have assisted during the deformation when they weren't formed until two hundred years later.

That just refers to the Scottish ones though.  The ones from the Continent, who knows when they were founded?

Actually, it refers to the Grand Lodge of England, not Scotland. And all serious scholars of Freemasonry (non-Masonic) agree that the formation of the Grand Lodge of England is the origin of modern Freemasonry and that French Freemasonry was an import from Britain, brought by the predominantly Catholic Jacobite emigres.

I highly doubt that Jovan.  The masonic myth that the Stuarts brought freemasonry to France originated from a careless and unsubstantiated remark made by John Noorthouk in the 1784 Book of Constitutions of the Premier Grand Lodge of London and spiraled from there.  There is no connection between Jacobite and Jacobin.  The Jacobites were royalists who supported a Catholic monarch the same as the royalists like the Vendee did during the French Revolution.  In contrast the Jacobins were both anti-royalists and anti-Catholic.

Mike, with all due respect, I am neither ignorant nor stupid. I never implied that Jacobite and Jacobin were the same thing and I specifically pointed out that serious, non-Masonic, scholars of the history of Freemasonry have concluded that Freemasonry was imported into France by Catholic Jacobites. As Crusading Philologist pointed out, Freemasonry was not condemned until 1738 so there was no reason that the Jacobites would not be Brothers of the Lodge.

Yeah freemasonry was not condemned until 1738 by Clement XII.  But the masonic myths range from James II to Charles Edward Stuart, the later losing the cause in 1746 long after freemasonry was condemned.  Definitely not from the Stuarts and I kind of doubt the non-masonic scholars too.  There are too many other scholars that say the opposite.  "A lodge at Temple Bar in London is the earliest such lodge on record. Other lodges include a lodge at Bath in 1735, and the French lodge, St. George de l'Observance No. 49 at Covent Garden in 1736."  More than likely migrated to France from England but I highly doubt it was by Catholic Jacobites.

"The natural confusion between the names of the Jesuit College of Clermont, and the short-lived Masonic Chapter of Clermont, a Masonic body that controlled a few high degrees during its brief existence, only served to add fuel to the myth of Stuart Jacobite influence in Freemasonry's high degrees. However, the College and the Chapter had nothing to do with each other. The Jesuit College was located at Clermont, whereas the Masonic Chapter was not. Rather, it was named "Clermont" in honor of the French Grand Master, the Comte de Clermont (Louis de Bourbon, Comte de Clermont) (1709–1771), and not because of any connection with the Jesuit College of Clermont."

On another note I did find that French song that recognizes the Vendee as Celtic.  I posted it in my last post but thought some may miss it.  Cool song.  Someone should do an English version of it.  It's titled 'Heroes of the Vendee'.

(03-19-2012, 07:14 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that Freemasonry was only condemned in 1738.

Our Lady of Good Success, 1610 AD.

Nope.
And they've infiltrated the Church. Still, the KofC overall seems to be an orthodox organization with a good amount of political clout.

Also, Salza, being an ex-Freemason, perhaps doesn't realize that the KofC was created, in part, to convert Freemasons.
(03-04-2012, 11:15 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Masons came and gave a presentation at the Catholic school of my parish.  Why can that be allowed.
What did they say?
(03-04-2012, 11:48 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]Why wouldn't they?
It seems like the entire organization is based on being a Catholic Freemason.
I really don't know much about them, except that my perception is that they exist to sell insurance. And new new blood to pay premiums.
Actually the Knights of Columbus was founded to be the anti-masons. That there may be some Catholics who go astray is nothing new. Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver and Peter denied him the very night he professed such strong friendship with him as to be willing to die for him.
??? ??? ???
My husband's a fourth degree knight. I've never seen there to be any connection with the Masons.
(03-19-2012, 07:14 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that Freemasonry was only condemned in 1738.
In spite of the fact that the excommunication was not put in with the 1983 Code of Canon Law, membership n the Freemasons is still prohibited.
:) :) :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5