FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Freemasons have Infiltrated the Knights of Columbus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"Partially adapted from the article “John Salza: Have Freemasons Infiltrated the Knights of Columbus?” Published by both The Remnant Newspaper (Michael Matt / John Salza, February 5, 2011) and Catholic Family News (John Vennari / John Salza, March 2012)

The story of Catholic attorney and apologist John Salza and his temporary sojourn through Freemasonry has been well-chronicled throughout the past decade. Salza has appeared on many radio (Catholic Answers Live, EWTN Radio, Relevant Radio) and television programs (EWTN, Fatima TV) throughout the country and the world to explain his experience and the inner workings and doctrines of Freemasonry. Salza’s interview on EWTN’s The Abundant Life (called “The Hidden Side of Freemasonry”) was so well-received that he was asked to do a second show on the topic (called “Why Catholics Cannot Be Masons: Round 2”). Salza has written two best-selling books on the subject called Masonry Unmasked: An Insider Reveals the Secrets of the Lodge (Our Sunday Visitor) and Why Catholics Cannot Be Masons (TAN Books). He also has an extensive Q&A on Freemasonry at his website http://www.scripturecatholic.com which includes the rituals of the first three degrees of Freemasonry.
In October 2011, Salza was interviewed by Most Reverend Michael J. Sheridan, Bishop of the Diocese of Colorado Springs, on the topic of Freemasonry. That interview was radio broadcast and the transcript was published in a six-part series for that diocese’s The Catholic Herald (see also http://www.scripturecatholic.com). Most recently, Salza has given lectures at Fatima conferences in Rome to explain Freemasonry’s influence within the Catholic Church which formally commenced at Vatican II as Our Lady prophesied at Quito and Fatima. In 2012, Salza is releasing a book (with co-author Robert Sungenis) that documents Freemasonry’s infiltration into the Church called The Consecration of Russia – How Seven Popes Failed to Heed Heaven’s Command and Brought Turmoil to the Church and the World.
After Salza left Freemasonry in 1999, he joined the Knights of Columbus. He thought joining the Knights would not only replace the fraternal camaraderie he left behind in Masonry, but more importantly would be a vehicle by which he could educate Catholics on the dangers in Masonry (which was one of the aims that Fr. McGiveny had when establishing the K of C). Salza received the three degrees of the Knights of Columbus and even became proficient in conferring the degrees. However, a number of things bothered him about the Knights of Columbus...."

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/feature...lumbus.pdf

Masons came and gave a presentation at the Catholic school of my parish.  Why can that be allowed.
Why wouldn't they?

It seems like the entire organization is based on being a Catholic Freemason.

I really don't know much about them, except that my perception is that they exist to sell insurance. And new new blood to pay premiums.
I'm an active member of the K of C and here are my observations:

1. I don't know why it's important for Mr. Salza to mention that he was good at conferring the degrees. It may be significant with Masons, but the degrees within the K of C are orthodox. I confer degrees often and I don't think anyone here would have a problem with them.

2. Mr. Salza's experience was with the K of C in Milwaukee. Surely that doesn't make him an expert on the K of C worldwide. He mentions nothing of trying to petition the State Officers to step in, which is what he should have done.

3. The issue with the booklet, however, is very troubling (if true). I'll do some digging (I do have some resources to find out...).
(03-04-2012, 11:48 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]{M}y perception is that they exist to sell insurance. And new new blood to pay premiums.

In their defence, that is a misperception. I was a member for 20+ years without ever buying insurance or being pressured to do so.
(03-05-2012, 12:35 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2012, 11:48 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]{M}y perception is that they exist to sell insurance. And new new blood to pay premiums.

In their defence, that is a misperception. I was a member for 20+ years without ever buying insurance or being pressured to do so.

I agree. We mention how many members pay dues then how many are insured at meetings (well, before I stopped going) and hardly any of the dues paying members had policies.

I myself had to go out of my way to get insurance, and they're usually absolutely awful salesmen. Nice men, but awful at selling.

If it's an insurance Ponzi scheme it would have collapsed awhile ago.
(03-04-2012, 11:15 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Masons came and gave a presentation at the Catholic school of my parish.  Why can that be allowed.

" ..go to the youth, and if it is possible, even to the children .. "
The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita
(03-05-2012, 01:38 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2012, 12:35 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree. We mention how many members pay dues then how many are insured at meetings (well, before I stopped going) and hardly any of the dues paying members had policies.

I myself had to go out of my way to get insurance, and they're usually absolutely awful salesmen. Nice men, but awful at selling.

If it's an insurance Ponzi scheme it would have collapsed awhile ago.

Not to mention that the Knights of Columbus has an immense sum under investment and is rated AAA by all ratings agencies.
As far as I know the main knock on the K of C insurance is that you can find cheaper alternatives.

At the time the Knights were founded, fraternal societies were very popular and the founding of the Knights provided an outlet for Catholic men who might otherwise have been tempted to join other, noncatholic societies. Also, the life insurance aspect of the Knights was very important at a time when there weren't necessarily a lot of insurance options available for the poor manual laborers that most Catholics were, whose wives and children were otherwise left open to the prospect of financial destitution should the working family father be killed or seriously injured.

As to the thread-opening posting, I'd just ask: where's the booklet. If Mr Salza, as claimed, retained all rights, why didn't he just publish it himself or put it online? Let's see it.
(03-04-2012, 11:15 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: [ -> ]Masons came and gave a presentation at the Catholic school of my parish.  Why can that be allowed.

Why wouldn't that be allowed?  The Freemasons have infiltrated into the very heart of the official ecclesiastical structure of the Church, to her very summit.  Regardless of what people with their heads buried in the sand say, the Masons and the neo-Communists run the ecclesiastical element of the Catholic Church.  For years their presence has been hidden and their operations covert, but now seems as good a time as any to make their very real presence public knowledge.
(03-05-2012, 07:19 AM)Nic Wrote: [ -> ]

Why wouldn't that be allowed?  The Freemasons have infiltrated into the very heart of the official ecclesiastical structure of the Church, to her very summit.  Regardless of what people with their heads buried in the sand say, the Masons and the neo-Communists run the ecclesiastical element of the Catholic Church.  For years their presence has been hidden and their operations covert, but now seems as good a time as any to make their very real presence public knowledge.

Ain't it the truth!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5