FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Latin word for 'place for rosary-making'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If there was a Latin word for 'place for rosary making', what would it be? I'm guessing it would correspond to the word 'scriptorium' (place for writing), and so, maybe Rosariorum? or Rosariorium?
i plugged "Rosary making place" into google translate and it gave me "Rosarium faciens loco"

"place for rosary making" gave me "locum Rosarium faciens"

i'd wait until someone who actually knows latin to respond. ;)
(03-16-2012, 08:11 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]i plugged "Rosary making place" into google translate and it gave me "Rosarium faciens loco"

"place for rosary making" gave me "locum Rosarium faciens"

i'd wait until someone who actually knows latin to respond. ;)

:LOL:
Thanks, Spooky. Google translate is new to me. I'll go with 'rosarium' unless someone corrects me.
I'd wait for one of the Latinists, but here's my italo-guess Officina Rosarium.

tim
multiple posts
multiple posts
(03-16-2012, 08:46 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Spooky. Google translate is new to me. I'll go with 'rosarium' unless someone corrects me.

rosarium is the Latin word for Rosary (or rose garden). If you wanted one word to express your idea, I think that rosarificulum captures the it.  rosari- for  "rosary" -fic- for "making" and -culum for "place".   There are several morphemes that express place and I'm not sure if there is one that should be preferred here.
multiple posts
multiple posts
Pages: 1 2